Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Jpreedy

Benelli M2 and Stoeger m3000 barrel compatability

I am looking for a new barrel for my m2 but don't want to shell out $450+ for it. Are Stoeger m3000 barrels compatable with the m2? I don't own a Stoeger to compare the two barrels

The M2 and Stoeger barrels are not interchangeable.

M1 barrels are compatible, but you will also need an M1 handguard.  What M2 barrel do you currently have and why the swap?

I am a police officer and need a shorter barrel if I wanted to carry it on duty or even for home defense. Right now I have a 26 inch which I also need as I use it for birds as well.

Gotcha!  I have a M1 that had a 24" barrel originally, but it was 24"s low with slugs at 50 yards...traded it to a guy that wanted more of a field rib barrel and he traded me what I originally thought was a M2 24" barrel...turns out it was a 21", but it was much more POA / POI with slugs, so now I just run it and it works great...would still prefer the 24" for balance, but it is what it is and new barrels aren't cheap.  I'd keep an eye out on gunbroker and ebay.

On 2/12/2019 at 7:31 PM, Halo09 said:

M1 barrels are compatible, but you will also need an M1 handguard.  What M2 barrel do you currently have and why the swap?

On 2/12/2019 at 8:38 PM, Halo09 said:

Gotcha!  I have a M1 that had a 24" barrel originally, but it was 24"s low with slugs at 50 yards...traded it to a guy that wanted more of a field rib barrel and he traded me what I originally thought was a M2 24" barrel...turns out it was a 21", but it was much more POA / POI with slugs, so now I just run it and it works great...would still prefer the 24" for balance, but it is what it is and new barrels aren't cheap.  I'd keep an eye out on gunbroker and ebay.

No, this is backwards...  M1 barrels do work with M2 handguards, but AFAIK, not the opposite...  You'll need an M2 handguard to put a M2 barrel on an M1, but not vice versa.

NB:  If you buy an M1 barrel for your M2, then you'll need different chokes...  The M1 uses "Mobil" chokes, and the M2 uses "Crio+" chokes.  (I thought I saved a bundle buying an M1 barrel for $250, but then I needed chokes for it, too.) 

Agreed:  eBay or GunBroker is a good place to find a barrel.