Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfo frames?

reddirt

I'm looking at buying a Stock2 in 9mm, I already have a 10mm steel model. The Stock2 is a large, competition frame. So I take it that the Stock 2 will be the same size as my 10mm? But what are the differences between a plain steel frame and a competition frame?

The only difference between a 10mm Stock 2 and a 9mm Stock 2 is just the top slide and barrel, assuming you have a large frame Stock 2.

Sucks that the top ends are about the same price as a whole gun, but you could try the used market for just the top end if you wanted to swap calibers.

3 hours ago, reddirt said:

But what are the differences between a plain steel frame and a competition frame

Std steel frame has round trigger guard, very minimal grip texture on front and rear straps.

Competition frame has square trigger guard, decent checkering on the front and rear grip straps and wood grip panels. The grip panels are not interchangable between std and competition frames.

Things like dust cover length and accessory mounting varies by model.

Big thing is the true hard chrome on the stock 2.

4 hours ago, SouperMan said:

The only difference between a 10mm Stock 2 and a 9mm Stock 2 is just the top slide and barrel, assuming you have a large frame Stock 2.

Sucks that the top ends are about the same price as a whole gun, but you could try the used market for just the top end if you wanted to swap calibers.

Thanks, wasn't exactly where I was going, I guess I wasn't clear.

2 hours ago, johnbu said:

Std steel frame has round trigger guard, very minimal grip texture on front and rear straps.

Competition frame has square trigger guard, decent checkering on the front and rear grip straps and wood grip panels. The grip panels are not interchangable between std and competition frames.

Things like dust cover length and accessory mounting varies by model.

Big thing is the true hard chrome on the stock 2.

Ok, thank you. So it sounds like the difference is almost all cosmetic, except for the longer dust cover and the fact grips won't interchange. I thought it might be something internal. Good point on the finish, hard chrome would be way better than the wonder finish, which I bet is just a coating, which is just another name for paint, but some of it is good.

Just now, reddirt said:

So, will one of those 22LR conversion units for the large frame fit both the steel frame and the competition frame? Sounds like it will?

Yes.   Large frame slides fit large frames.   The competition or the standard versions are the same.