Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ TSO vs Tanfo Witness Elite Limited (or even Lim Custom)

lfine

Would love to pick up a TSO .40 but at $1700 - and I'm a Shadow2 guy - I've got to wonder why not go Tanfo with a thumb rest and get to work for hundreds cheaper, even with a little trigger work. Owned a LimPro before and liked it but when push came to shove between the S2 and the LimPro when I needed the funds, I went CZ. I know a lot of people will say I already answered my question right there but I'm really open to going Tanfo for limited and S2 for Production fun.  (And I wish I still had my LimPro). Any one out there compare the two in the hand? Elite lim is $1100, Custom $1200

Thanks.

13 hours ago, lfine said:

Would love to pick up a TSO .40 but at $1700 - and I'm a Shadow2 guy - I've got to wonder why not go Tanfo with a thumb rest and get to work for hundreds cheaper, even with a little trigger work. Owned a LimPro before and liked it but when push came to shove between the S2 and the LimPro when I needed the funds, I went CZ. I know a lot of people will say I already answered my question right there but I'm really open to going Tanfo for limited and S2 for Production fun.  (And I wish I still had my LimPro). Any one out there compare the two in the hand? Elite lim is $1100, Custom $1200

Thanks.

I have both. Both good guns. TSO better in my opinion. Trigger, feeling, grip, all. In Europe the TSO is much cheaper then a standard Limited Custom...! TSO = 1900 euro and Lim Custom = 2200 euro. And TSO is ready out of the box and for Lim custom count another 300 euro for extreme parts to make it a fine gun...

Check the classified here, TSOs pop up every now and then. I scooped up a lightly used one for $1500 with an extra ~$300 in add-ons. You can find brand new ones online for <$1600 regularly. 

Put out my WTB. Did find a few new online for $1600. No used ones anywhere it seems. Keeping an eye out, but might have to buy new to ever get one. At least its safe to say that resale is probably pretty good on them, just in case.

So what's the difference and preference between the Tanfo elite limited and limited custom?

I see slide cuts, cerakote, and predrilled for scope mount. Slide cuts are nice but cerakote and drilled aren't important to me.  Am I missing something? 

2 minutes ago, philippshen said:

I have a friend who was shooting TSO in 40 last year said the gun destroy itself in a few thousand rounds.😂

like in  movie " mission impossible  " 😀

yes i saw this in 1 tso in 9mm it happens only after 6k 

i told them not make guns from recycled  Skoda  🙉😀

• 2 weeks later...
I have a friend who was shooting TSO in 40 last year said the gun destroy itself in a few thousand rounds.[emoji23]

I can’t imagine how that could happen. Maybe if he shot it bone dry all the time but even then I can’t see it happened.

Mine has 20k+ and it’s still tight as. Most of that was shooting .357 Sig at 180-190PF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk