Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 Kadet Kit Ammo

fluffybadbad

I have a Kadet kit for my Shadow 2, but don't have the documentation and can't for the life of me find it online. Does anyone know what ammo works best with it? I know my AA .22 kit for my Glock was very temperamental with the type of ammo it ate -- just wondering if anyone has any experience. 

I have a friend with one. she uses on an SP-01 Tactical and we have had good luck with federal champion bulk, American Eagle 40 gr solids and of course Mini Mags. I think these kits need to be cleaner than some kits and well oiled, but they are a ton of fun. She is trying to sell hers because she likes the buckmark better and isn’t a serious competitor but it seems to run well on the stuff mentioned above. 

Lee

Edited by RevolverJockey

2 hours ago, fluffybadbad said:

Thanks for the replies! I'm going to try the leftover Remington Golden Bullet bulk pack that was recommended for my Glock and see how that goes. I also have some CCI mini mag that I'll run through it.

With most .22 kits it has to be broken in. Like I said with my Kimber kit a lot of people complained when it first came out as unreliable but a lot of those same people where using bulk none high V ammo in it and ive found that in order to cycle correctly at the beginning you need the snappier ammo and also manually cycle that slide to smooth out the action. 

On 2/1/2019 at 10:56 AM, yigal said:

mine old kit for cz 75   after i fixed it  shoot now all types :low vel. and hi vel. and don't have lite strikes with 13 lb main spring.

all kit made from steel.

ת×צ×ת ת××× × ×¢××ר âªCZ 75 22 KITâ¬â

What did you need to do to fix it? 

I’ve found that the copper plated .22LR’s work the best for some reason, no misfeeds at all.  I found Federal Game Shock to work very well.  CCI .22LR with the lead bullets seem to hang up every so often, but not as often as my former Sig 1911 .22 did.

• 1 year later...

the 75 Kadet 2 firing pin removal is the same as the shadow 1 and Shadow 2 9mm. When you say “keeper” do you mean the plate holding the firing pin in at the very back of the slide which also cocks the hammer?