Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why the Open Glock hate?

Adrenaline

Hello: It is not so much that the frame wears out it is the rails coming loose in the frame. If you are thinking of shooting open you may want to consider Carry Optics also. Since Carry Optics now has the 140mm rule it is alot more fun. Only down side is shooting minor but that just makes you a better shooter since you have to hit more Alphas. At least I try to. Thanks, Eric

IMG_2107.jpg

Edited by Aircooled6racer

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if u love somebody u have to ignore his negative disadvantages.

but   don't hate it  . if u don't like glock  don't marry  him. 😉

i think that better name for this post is: disadvantages  of open glock.

Edited by yigal

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have problems running major PF in Glock aftermarket barrels? 

SJC states drop-in fit barrels for major 9mm loads do not have the proper chamber, throating, and threads for an open gun. they say drop-in barrels don't have true fully supported chambers.  KKM website says they have "fully supported SAAMI spec match chambers"

is SJC info correct or out of date

22 minutes ago, Fo0 said:

Does anyone have problems running major PF in Glock aftermarket barrels? 

SJC states drop-in fit barrels for major 9mm loads do not have the proper chamber, throating, and threads for an open gun. they say drop-in barrels don't have true fully supported chambers.  KKM website says they have "fully supported SAAMI spec match chambers"

is SJC info correct or out of date

Not sure about SJC. I run a G17 Open Major and use the KKM Barrels. Very accurate and good support. No Glock smile. Using a Carver mount, Carver Comp, power factor at 170. Everglades 124 jhp, power pistol and misc brass. I wish I could afford a Chaos but already had a G17 and was cheaper to get into the Sport, until I figure my upgrade.