Mark 7 Evolution - General Discussion

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, CrashDodson said:

how do you have yours rigged up so it resets?

1 minute ago, CrashDodson said:

I use the older style double springs.  It's reliable and has a pretty small variance, throw to throw. 

1 hour ago, CrashDodson said:

I laser cut a piece of POM plastic (and milled some clearance for the primer slide) and shortened the failsafe rod. My powder measure is a Dillon 1050 -model.
Probably this wouldn't work with the primer collator... But works for me. Also replaced the Hornady case feeder with a Dillon casefeeder. Now I feel my Evo Pro is finally reliable.

Next I need to get my new style Dillon case feeder to work reliably as I need it to feed 4000+ rounds per hour for my case roller (http://www.ipscteam.ch/shop/case-roller/). It worked fine with normal speed but when trying to run it faster (with Immortobot motor upgrade) I get constant jams...

Kuvan kuvausta ei ole saatavilla.

I can't explain the different experiences. One thing is that I have a Revolution and the extended support package that comes with it, whether that makes a difference or not I do not know. People I know personally that have Revolutions are happy as well though it did take them a bit to tune the machines as well, but we were all early adaptors.

When I first got the Revolution I did have a lot of issues and spent countless hours on FaceTime trying to resolve them. Eventually, everything got resolved. Here is a screen shot from yesterday's session where I needed some rounds for practice and the NAZC match this weekend. Because I was going to use 500 rounds for a match I weighed powder every 100 rounds, exactly 4.8 grains of N320 (note: RCBS charge master is accurate to 0.1 grain). I ran it at 3,000 round setting which translated to the rpH below due to dwell times. No jams and I had 2 upside down primers out of 1,434.

Overall I wouldn't change a thing and I am very happy with the machine and the support  I received.. To me the time savings, consistency and of course not having to pull the handle is well worth it.

image.thumb.png.2e8586bd05d012fbd230297bc3b9dec4.png

7 hours ago, mikamarj said:

I laser cut a piece of POM plastic (and milled some clearance for the primer slide) and shortened the failsafe rod. My powder measure is a Dillon 1050 -model.
Probably this wouldn't work with the primer collator... But works for me. Also replaced the Hornady case feeder with a Dillon casefeeder. Now I feel my Evo Pro is finally reliable.

Next I need to get my new style Dillon case feeder to work reliably as I need it to feed 4000+ rounds per hour for my case roller (http://www.ipscteam.ch/shop/case-roller/). It worked fine with normal speed but when trying to run it faster (with Immortobot motor upgrade) I get constant jams...

What size screws are those holding down that plastic piece?

17 hours ago, mikamarj said:

Very cool.  Wish I had the tools and ability to make stuff like that. 

10 hours ago, BlindAsABat said:

What size screws are those holding down that plastic piece?

I think they are 10-32 screws, about 1/2 inch long.

I was thinking of machining this out of aluminum after verifying with the plastic one that hole locations are good but the plastic one has worked for the last 70k rounds so... maybe another time...

22 minutes ago, CrashDodson said:

Very cool.  Wish I had the tools and ability to make stuff like that. 

Luckily our local Hacklab has a decent laser cutter and mill etc... If anyone else wants to cut one from plastic, I can share the DXF file, just PM me with your email address...

19 hours ago, mikamarj said:

With the feeder upgrade, you may have to clean up some stuff on the Dillon bowl itself to keep it from jamming.  Most of it comes from the exit itself having a lot of flash on it from the injection mold. It makes the case rise up just a bit which allows the plate to carry them too far and they get caught on the other side, especially if the plate has some old case lube residue in the pockets. 

3 hours ago, ABCDM said:

With the feeder upgrade, you may have to clean up some stuff on the Dillon bowl itself to keep it from jamming.  Most of it comes from the exit itself having a lot of flash on it from the injection mold. It makes the case rise up just a bit which allows the plate to carry them too far and they get caught on the other side, especially if the plate has some old case lube residue in the pockets. 

I have the new style case feeder. Cases that come not fully seated to the slots in shell plate hit the corner of the deflector and jam. I believe others have had the same issue since in another motor upgrade there is a different design case deflector: https://www.extremereloadingnv.com/product/dillon-casefeeder-motor-upgrade-2/

image.thumb.png.3a6ee68fc9ceec6969ccf4bf3895aff2.png

On 5/16/2019 at 4:17 PM, mikamarj said:

I have the new style case feeder. Cases that come not fully seated to the slots in shell plate hit the corner of the deflector and jam. I believe others have had the same issue since in another motor upgrade there is a different design case deflector: https://www.extremereloadingnv.com/product/dillon-casefeeder-motor-upgrade-2/

image.thumb.png.3a6ee68fc9ceec6969ccf4bf3895aff2.png

"THE PHOTO SHOWN IS A STOCK DILLON PHOTO.  OUR UPGRADE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE HOUSING. "    That case deflector is junk.  Just pull it off. 

Gents,

Please note that the MK7 site now has the option for live chat.

It works pretty well! I got an answer to my question (which was unanswered on the support forum for quite some time) within minutes!

Chrs,

RGA

It looks like their support forum is dead?

I'm getting a "this community is not available" page when I attempt to go there.

My Evo is still in the box due to selling a house, buying a house, moving the house... blah, blah, blah...

I'm actually considering selling it as is and getting an RL1100...

maybe I'm just in a grumpy mood today...

Edited by ddc

13 minutes ago, ddc said:

It looks like their support forum is dead?

I'm getting a "this community is not available" page when I attempt to go there.

My Evo is still in the box due to selling a house, buying a house, moving the house... blah, blah, blah...

I'm actually considering selling it as is and getting an RL1100...

maybe I'm just in a grumpy mood today...

I'm getting the same message.   Why,  I wonder?

Wellll, the forum/community wasn't really alive before so who will spot the difference anyway? (kidding!)

Could be (scheduled) maintenance.

According to Misty who helped me, the webcare team is expanding and should be up to speed this summer. So we should see increasing activity instead of less. But anyway, live chat is a step in the right direction!

Time will tell.

I was having the same issue, the designer of the knubble says I should take out the screw heads on the shellplate and it would be fixed.  I personally just left the clamp in place on the printed fix.

My video with the test print (I reprinted one that looks better now):

Os it possible to get the file for this print?
Best regards
Peter

Sendt fra min VOG-L29 med Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm still waiting for the MK7 trimmer so I can finally start using this Evo as intended.

Is there anyone here running a diffferent brand motorized trimmer on their Evo/Revo successfully?

Thanks,

RGA

I was thinking of upgrading to a Mark 7 but after reading all these issues I feel more like.... just keeping my 650.

can anyone confirm what is the status of the current Evolution presses. I can't afford to wait for a 'working' press of going through teething pains so if this is the case I will refrain from looking into this any further. thanks!

Edited by Avenida

I was thinking of upgrading to a Mark 7 but after reading all these issues I feel more like.... just keeping my 650.

can anyone confirm what is the status of the current Evolution presses. I can't afford to wait for a 'working' press of going through teething pains so if this is the case I will refrain from looking into this any further. thanks!

Same here. Going to move up to a 1050 and call it good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Avenida said:

Hard to say what the "current status" is. Seems to be hit or miss. I've heard of some presses working just fine and I've heard of other presses struggling to get the issues worked out. I'm in the second camp. I've had my press for close to a year and it's not working now. It's had some periods of limping along with a stoppage every 50 rounds or so, and then other periods where it is just completely down. It's been back to M7 twice and will have to go back again. Every time it gets some new components and I hope it's going to start working and every time I've been disappointed.

As everyone else says, the people at M7 are great to work with. It's just a slow process getting work approved so you wait long times for any step towards addressing problems.