Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark 7 Evolution - General Discussion

10 hours ago, MikeyScuba said:

Using www.freightcom.com I had my Evo pro shipped from DAA in PA to Toronto for $195US.  Even though MARKIV is in FL it should not cost that much more.  Then again I didn’t take insurance.

Thanks MikeyScuba, I will check into that.  Got a response today.  They have assured me a ship date of January 6th.  Kudos to Joe A in Mark 7 sales for working this out for me.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 1/1/2020 at 7:56 PM, slavex said:

I do admit I would love to have a sensor that was detecting upside down primers on the ramp itself, as one of the primers I use are so soft they are not salvageable like Federal and CCI are (yes I pop em out and reuse em)

Hi Slavex, my primer orientation sensor throws constant errors (stops the press every time) while my swage sense never stops it.  What is the best way to get throught to Mark 7 for support?

On 2/1/2021 at 1:11 PM, Drmike said:

Hi Slavex, my primer orientation sensor throws constant errors (stops the press every time) while my swage sense never stops it.  What is the best way to get throught to Mark 7 for support?

call the 800 number and hit 2. they are slammed I know that. 

Fine tuning the index adjustment so that the primer probe retractor isn't being contacted by the shellplate in it's stopped position is key to getting that adjusted right, otherwise you end up with errors. It's worth talking to them while you're at the machine and having them guide you through all that.

your swage probably needs that little screw above the microswitch adjusted so that when it's over compressed it triggers the screw. Send pics of the press encountering a primer in the swage station and what the sensor looks like we can diagnose from there. If you're on FB add me, Robert Engh, and I can show you how my machine is running with 147gr bullets. I load at 3000 RPH on my Revo with the primer collator, clutch at 2, index at 1, no slow down or dwell. 

On 2/4/2021 at 11:54 PM, slavex said:

call the 800 number and hit 2. they are slammed I know that. 

Fine tuning the index adjustment so that the primer probe retractor isn't being contacted by the shellplate in it's stopped position is key to getting that adjusted right, otherwise you end up with errors. It's worth talking to them while you're at the machine and having them guide you through all that.

your swage probably needs that little screw above the microswitch adjusted so that when it's over compressed it triggers the screw. Send pics of the press encountering a primer in the swage station and what the sensor looks like we can diagnose from there. If you're on FB add me, Robert Engh, and I can show you how my machine is running with 147gr bullets. I load at 3000 RPH on my Revo with the primer collator, clutch at 2, index at 1, no slow down or dwell. 

Thanks.  I will try this and will add you on facebook.  (We actually met once, I think at the match in Fort St. John last year.)  Much appreciated.

• 10 months later...

I have had good luck lately with my Evolution Pro.  Primer depths are better.  Basically was able to load about 6000 rods yesterday with very little trouble.  Today, I took everything down, cleaned and lubed.  When I got back to work with it, I started getting a crushed (Federal) primer about every thirty or so.  After taking the primer system apart, I could see that the primer punch height was out of adjustment.  Adjusted the ramp so it was flush with the bushing and it was better.  Readjusted to have it slightly below the bushing which seems better yet.  I am curious, though, that the bushing that the punch runs in appears to be slightly lower than the rest of the primer disc body.  Is this correct?

• 1 year later...

Update to this topic.  After MANY different adjustments and calls back to Mark 7, I have discovered that many (most) of my issues were caused by bent anvils in the brass I was loading.  I was pre processing the brass with the Rollsizer Decapper which is awesome, but the decapper pin was set too low and was actually bending the brass when punching the primers out.  This caused all kinds of havoc with the primer pockets.  I have now reprocessed everything using the primer pocket reamer made by Vincent Peterangelo (bought through Immortobot) and all runs smoothly.  Thanks to everyone for their advice along the way

I had a FW hold down die go wrong and press out 38SC primer pockets.  I should have known when I had to go up to clutch 5.  Dumped the die. No more issues 

if anyone has issues with the primer orientation sensor back off your shell plate lock nut.  Found this out by accident.  I always thought I had a bad wire connection in the sensor 

I am having power go flying if I go too fast loading 38SC (9.4gr 3n38).  So i slow it down so I can hunndo check at the same speed as production.