Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Something you should never do before a match....

wheelsthatgrip

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
18 hours ago, CGoodwin said:

Don't forget your magazines! Ask me how I know.

Or, if you do, be sure to shoot a common pistol that you can borrow mags for a match from another shooter!

I also did this exact same thing at a match last month.  Unfortunately the mags I borrowed were not very well-maintained and caused my gun to choke several times

2 hours ago, UpYoursPal said:

I also did this exact same thing at a match last month.  Unfortunately the mags I borrowed were not very well-maintained and caused my gun to choke several times

Yep, that too! I was amazed that no one else at the match had Sig P226 9mm mags.

Leave the ammunition box on the garage floor when loading the gear into the truck.  Found out it was missing after arriving at the range.  It was a 90 minute drive.... one way.

BC

• 1 month later...

Don't forget sunscreen, water, and a towel - useful for a lot of things.

And find out if there's anyplace to sit in between. One range i went to has tables and benches, another had nothing but dirt.  Now I have a collapsible stool.

I ride a marathon every day on my stationary bike except for the night before a match.  That night I drink lots of water, eat nothing after midnight and have a protein drink before the match.

Riding the bike has proven to really wear me out for a few hours.