Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thinking About Mods Looking For Ideas & Photos

ede

No real application I'm just bored. Heres what I'm thinking, have a 64 going with medium to heavy barrel and CMore maybe cutting cylinder back to wadcutter length. Plus side to this is I have tooling to do it. Other idea is a 629 I don't care much for. Going with either skinny or fluted barrel and going 5" with irons. Down side is I'd have to buy tools. Anyone have photos of what my end result might look like or any thoughts of what might work well.

Yes it does and I forgot to add the the barrel is 38 super .356. Work done by Pinnacle [Mark Hartshorne] Will keep them in the X-ring on ICORE targets at 50 yds. Last year had a 38 Super cylinder fitted to it and a .357 cylinder cut the same length as the 38 Super cylinder. The 38 Short Colt cylinder when cut removed all throats in the cylinder and even though the revolver shot great it got dirty fast. Switching to the .357 cylinder it stays cleaner now and still shoots accurate. I have not tried the 38 Super cylinder on it. I shoot .358 coated 160 grain on top of 3.4 VV N320 seated at 1.185 power factor of 132.

Thanks revoman that's along lines of what I was thinking for 629. I think Short Colt and wadcutter will be close to same length cylinder but not checked yet. I might of posted this before, one of my 617s from a few years back and why I have tools for K Frame.

IMG_20171016_164319.jpg