Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taccom Shortstroke Upgrade

I've been playing with my wave spring short stroke kit for a while and can't get it to work at 100%. 

So I ended up taking out the wave spring, but left the derlin cap on instead of the stainless steel one. This seems to help a lot and I've had zero issues since then. This is running really like 130 PF loads too.

4 hours ago, DocBall said:

AR Stoner (Midway) light weight. 

You've got a good lower from what I hear......Your barrel, I believe that the 'ramping' is somewhat small. What is happening most likely is you are hitting the back of the barrel and pushing the bullet into the case....this is  causing a compressed load. and your bolt is opening WAY to soon. The case becomes sharpnel and because you've lost pressure too fast.....your bullet ends up somewhere down the barrel. Even if you had an out of battery with a 9mm.....the most that the case can be sticking out is about a .25" and even though you may see a huge bulge or sharpnel, the bullet would leave the barrel. Not that I have any experience in this department. I've only tested our components with compressed loads and rounds out of battery.  :)

Basically......if you've had bullets push back.....it's going to happen again until you look at your barrel entry. Couple solutions: 1) open up the lead in, have someone spin the barrel for you to do that.  2) Install our glock feed ramp  3) Buy our extreme feed barrel.

Glock feed ramp is the best $20 you will ever spend for your PCC. Installed in 2 different PCC's with many many thousands of rounds on them with absolutely no jams or failures. If I do my part on our reloads the guns basically run 100%. 

gerritm

1 hour ago, TRUBL said:

Actually......I had noticed that my wave spring had been broken when I was cleaning my PCC.....and I didn't know when it broke, so I installed a new one.....went to the range to shoot it......figured, hey, lets do a 'side by side'.....with and with out the wave spring. And I noticed ZERO difference. As the internal spring was still doing all the work. So I said screw it.....I'm gonna redo the SS and include them in the 3 stage package.

I have the SS package with the spring. I haven't installed it yet though. Is the new version the same thing as the old but without the wave spring?

• 4 weeks later...