Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CP2000 and RL1100

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like on the CP2000 you can swage on either side of the press. Not sure if that carries over to the RL1100, or what the total use case for that is. Not a 1050 user myself so maybe it's something people asked for.

I am a Super 1050 user.  I can't see a lot of upgrades / differences between the 2 from that photo posted, but I am sure there are more.  I do see the spring retainer on the priming station, that looks nice.  I am hoping that most of the upgrades will be compatible to the 1050, which I think will be the case.  It doesn't appear that the RL1100 was a full re-engineer/re-design product.  Then again, I thought the Super 1050 was well designed anyway, there are always areas for improvement in any design. 

7 hours ago, Tokarev said:

Dillon should partner with Ammobot or some similar company and offer automation as a factory option.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

A Dillon rep said they would lose their export license if they did.  

Just spoke todillin reps at shotshoe. They linkage is different and the base of the machine is larger/thicker for more strength. He said the machine runs a little more smoothly. The spring retention at the primer station is compatible with current 1050’s if you want it. There is also a set screw to limit the distance the primer slide moves (which original 1050s had). That’s all the new features the rep mentioned. 

I spoke with Dillon on another matter yesterday.  I asked about the 1100 and they let me know that the current toolheads and conversion kits currently used for the 1050 will work on this machine.  They also said that rounds like the 30-06 and longer will not work in this machine.  You can do up to 308 length cartridges in it, but not longer.  They said the machine is wider and has a new bearing system that makes it smoother.  The nut that secures it together is also supposedly beefed up as well.   I just got a 1050 so I wasn't up on all the items he said was different.  It sounds like they actually listened to people and took care of items people typically had to upgrade to have their machines run better.

2 hours ago, NickG013 said:

I wonder if the 1100 will only have the one year warranty like the 1050...

It would make sense that it would, since it is replacing the 1050 in Dillon's lineup.  Some more information on it before April would be great as some companies are already starting pre-order lists.  Also makes you wonder if they will slash the prices of 1050s to make room for the 1100.

12 minutes ago, cjmill87 said:

It would make sense that it would, since it is replacing the 1050 in Dillon's lineup.  Some more information on it before April would be great as some companies are already starting pre-order lists.  Also makes you wonder if they will slash the prices of 1050s to make room for the 1100.

I was thinking the same. I'm going back and forth between going with a Mark7 or the 1050. Now it's between the Mark7 and the 1100. Only problem is I think you can only get the Mark7 with automation currently. I'm not wanting the automation quite yet. Mainly because I don't want to drop an extra $3k.

AmmoBrass LLC has been doing a pre-prod test for Dillon per their FB. 

They posted a video today of the new casefeeder that will be stock with CP2000 and RL1100.

https://www.facebook.com/AmmoBrassLLC/?__tn__=%2CdkCH-R-R&eid=ARDwZ47tsa9ahm5cpeCsBGvXSqMc878wuM-vJhR2Q_mWOBD2pGt-j1AOdOR-aWMOq92bD3pdbR2M-1oY&hc_ref=ARSD2saAH8Iq18Rfp8dBkxVL39fVjLoyri-s3Vh-iC0_ZvE8WW9VxMAIo_5NKvDdCic&fref=nf&hc_location=group

Edited by anbrumm

On 1/22/2019 at 10:40 AM, anbrumm said:

Looks like on the CP2000 you can swage on either side of the press. Not sure if that carries over to the RL1100, or what the total use case for that is. Not a 1050 user myself so maybe it's something people asked for.

The RL1100 only swages on one side as the original 1050. The two sided swaging on the CP2000 allows the use of a primer pocket probe and case ejector to detect small & large primer pockets and still allow swaging in one pass. 

Just now, rlapid216 said:

The RL1100 only swages on one side as the original 1050. The two sided swaging on the CP2000 allows the use of a primer pocket probe and case ejector to detect small & large primer pockets and still allow swaging in one pass. 

okay, that makes sense. I wasn't sure what the reason was for 2 swaging stations. Thanks!