Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reporting PCC results separately

GJM

2 minutes ago, Patrick Scott said:

*SMH, why does it always seem to come up.  Yes, its easier in a lot, if not most cases to place shots on target during a USPSA match with a rifle than it is a pistol. That does not equate to competing with a rifle being easier. Its all relative to the competition, in that division, on that day.  Would I as a A class PCC shooter have an easier time competing against Max Leograndis(Nats champ) than any A class Open shooter would have against Max Michel or Eric G?  All of the talk of its boring/lame/easier is so short sighted it makes my head spin. 

Hey, this is the internet, get out of here with that logic 🙂

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is there this much complaining about PCC in Steel Challenge?

I don’t remember ever hearing about how rimfire or PCC was so unfair to the rest of the Steel Challenge competitors. 

10 minutes ago, HCH said:

Is there this much complaining about PCC in Steel Challenge?

I don’t remember ever hearing about how rimfire or PCC was so unfair to the rest of the Steel Challenge competitors. 

I havent seen any. Maybe they realize its just another division and/or worrying about your own shooting is more important than what others are doing? 

30 minutes ago, Patrick Scott said:

I havent seen any. Maybe they realize its just another division and/or worrying about your own shooting is more important than what others are doing? 

And then people wonder why they can never get out of B class. 

1 hour ago, Patrick Scott said:

B-b-b-b-b-but Mama says PCC is the devil!

Edited by HCH

3 hours ago, MHicks said:

I think pcc rifles are great and a lot of fun to shoot. I have no desire to shoot one in a regular USPSA match. I would be much more interested in shooting one in pcc only matches. I also believe that both handgun only and ppc only seperate matches would be better then combined with somewhat different challenges in each.

There are a lot of shooters who shoot pcc that would already be shooting the match in years past with a handgun, but now we're getting shooters who will likely never shoot a handgun division, because they can shoot a rifle at pistol difficulty level targets better, duh, making for longer matches.

I'm just gonna throw this out there, but PCC-only matches are super fun.

Last year's AZ PCC Championship had several stages with 100+ yard shots, tiny high value targets, and a few huge penalty no-shoots.

I'd shoot that match again in a heartbeat.  

50 minutes ago, sixsixnine said:

I'm just gonna throw this out there, but PCC-only matches are super fun.

Last year's AZ PCC Championship had several stages with 100+ yard shots, tiny high value targets, and a few huge penalty no-shoots.

I'd shoot that match again in a heartbeat.  

I think USPSA PCC only matches would be awesome and frankly preferred by me. 

With regard to complaining about PCC at Steel Challenge matches, I’ve personally never heard it BUT there’s a sea change going on where the “Main Match” has always been considered to be Open (pistol) and an era is coming where your Main Match Competitors are going start getting thier you-know-what’s handed to them in the overall on a regular basis.  Nobody cared when rimfire started doing it (“Those aren’t real guns”) but having it done by non-Open centerfire shooters now... might sting some a bit more...?

Folks just need to shoot their own match and only worry about their own division if they want to compare themselves to others. Plus the whole “Main Match” concept is due for retirement.  A few years ago the West Coast Steel Championship was won by a kid shooting a production gun, surprise surprise.   That should have been a wake up call for SCSA but I still keep seeing Main Match in results reporting.  Just my humble opinion.   

I would absolutely love to shoot some PCC only matches with USPSA rules. The reality is, at the moment, pretty much nation wide, the best game in town for someone who wants to run and gun with a rifle is at "normal" USPSA matches.  That may change in the future, but for now us degenerate PCC shooters will have to continue to stink up "normal" USPSA matches. 

5 minutes ago, Patrick Scott said:

I would absolutely love to shoot some PCC only matches with USPSA rules. The reality is, at the moment, pretty much nation wide, the best game in town for someone who wants to run and gun with a rifle is at "normal" USPSA matches.  That may change in the future, but for now us degenerate PCC shooters will have to continue to stink up "normal" USPSA matches

You said it, we didn't...

17 minutes ago, Patrick Scott said:

I would absolutely love to shoot some PCC only matches with USPSA rules. The reality is, at the moment, pretty much nation wide, the best game in town for someone who wants to run and gun with a rifle is at "normal" USPSA matches.  That may change in the future, but for now us degenerate PCC shooters will have to continue to stink up "normal" USPSA matches. 

I would never choose to shoot rifle at a pistol match, but it can be fun to shoot rifle at a rifle match.

Locally in the boise area, we have a 1911-only match every year, which has some pretty entertaining stages. 100-yards of running, shooting while swinging from a parachute harness, ww1 style trench stage, shooting from cars and from under cars, etc...... Last year they ran the same stages for pcc-only the following day, and it was super fun.  this year the same thing is happening. Hawktech 1911 match first weekend in may.

Just now, Patrick Scott said:

In my area(2hrs drive)there are no other options to shoot a rifle.

be the solution. Put on a rifle match.

I dared the 1911 match organizer to hold a pcc match on the same stages the next day, and told him if he did, I would buy a pcc, shoot both matches, and help tear down. I still make fun of pcc-shooters, but now I almost am one, lol.

2 minutes ago, motosapiens said:

be the solution. Put on a rifle match.

I dared the 1911 match organizer to hold a pcc match on the same stages the next day, and told him if he did, I would buy a pcc, shoot both matches, and help tear down. I still make fun of pcc-shooters, but now I almost am one, lol.

As a previous club BOD member and now 2yrs VP I have tried, but unfourtunatley the intrest within my small northern VT club doesnt seem to be there.  Doesnt mean Im not going to try again this year ;) 

Just now, Patrick Scott said:

As a previous club BOD member and now 2yrs VP I have tried, but unfourtunatley the intrest within my small northern VT club doesnt seem to be there.  Doesnt mean Im not going to try again this year ;) 

well, eventually the other club members will get really old and lose interest in practicing, and then they'll turn to pcc just like everyone else.....

:P

Love the pcc guys.  On the whole it's made the average times at my local matches faster which has really pushed me too.  A rising tide and all that 

The number of guys now shooting on the move has me shooting a lot faster, or more efficient on the move.  

It is what you make it I guess

On 1/22/2019 at 10:05 AM, rishii said:

as shrek said “can’t we all just get along”

Shrek stole the line from Rodney King....

Yeah, I refrain from PCC because I don't want my Pistol classification artificially inflated.

Pistol is more important to me. Right now I'm a very high C and desperately want to bump to B....

So I swapped Divisions from Ltd to SS.

Maybe one day when the dust settles maybe Ill try it.

14 hours ago, RJH said:

Luckily there are uspsa matches where you can pick a rifle or a pistol for the match, isn't America and freedom great?

those are pistol matches. I would never choose to shoot a rifle at a pistol match. Doesn't bother me if others do tho. I usually squad with several pcc shooters because their extended make ready and ULSC routines, and frequent stoppages mean most of the match is torn down before we finish our last stage, so there's way less work to do.

Edited by motosapiens