Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reporting PCC results separately

GJM

1 minute ago, MHicks said:

What I've started seeing is a lot of new shooters, many younger ones, who only shoot pcc and have never shot handgun at a USPSA match. Then they would be faced with the probability in the future if they tried shooting a pistol to have to start as an A or B or higher classification. 

Oh well, if they focus on the fundamentals, not hard to cross over to other platforms or divisions. 

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, rishii said:

If a MD at my club did that, the next match I MD the start position for pcc would simply say muzzle down range and have a bunch of plates and hard cover and no shoots at 20yd

as shrek said “can’t we all just get along”

Haha. That is great! This is the type of stuff we would do. If you don't have fun with it, you're doing something wrong.

38 minutes ago, MHicks said:

What I've started seeing is a lot of new shooters, many younger ones, who only shoot pcc and have never shot handgun at a USPSA match. Then they would be faced with the probability in the future if they tried shooting a pistol to have to start as an A or B or higher classification. 

Those are the rules, yes?

While PCC is indeed completely different game (it's only "pistol caliber," but it's still a rifle/carbine), worrying about division-commingled scores is not a good reason to do anything about the scoring or about the divisions in general. You don't hear Revolver guys complaining about Open guys or trying to separate scoring or matches. 

We have divisions to take care of gear advantages/disadvantages. Classes are the silly concept when comparing scores - being "1st of the people who didn't finish in the top 50" is also called simply "being 51st." Scores per division are valid distinctions...

I think It's kind of pointless to look at the combined results. It's misleading especially when the match has a lot of long distance steel targets and partials.  HOA does not mean much. USPSA website does not even give you the option to see the combined results.

Regarding PCC in general - it's just lame in IMHO

Edited by cheby

12 minutes ago, cheby said:

I think It's kind of pointless to look at the combined results. It's misleading especially when the match has a lot of long distance steel targets and partials.  HOA does not mean much. USPSA website does not even give you the option to see the combined results.

Regarding PCC in general - it's just lame in IMHO

Why is pcc lame? It is very practical,  which is the p in USPSA 

1 hour ago, cheby said:

This is funny

He's serious, though.  As if the P means "shoot rifles here".  

It's just the name of an organization.  Gunsite Ranch isn't a place where they make sights for guns (or is it? 😋 ).  

13 minutes ago, Steve RA said:

Yes, while the P stands for practical, how practical is a full tilt Open gun vs a pistol caliber carbine out in the cold, cruel world ???

And how practical is a 9mm AR with a fragile sight and a foot-long mag?  

It's just the name of the organisation, not a law.

Edited by teros135

21 minutes ago, teros135 said:

He's serious, though.  As if the P means "shoot rifles here".  

It's just the name of an organization.  Gunsite Ranch isn't a place where they make sights for guns (or is it? 😋 ).  

I am serious,  practical shooting is what the sport was based in. A pcc is a very practical gun. It also pisses off open shooters since they are not a shoe in for hoa anymore, and that is funny and  makes me laugh

24 minutes ago, teros135 said:

And how practical is a 9mm AR with a fragile sight and a foot-long mag?  

It's just the name of the organisation, not a law.

Also no law against pcc in the  org either, hmmmmm

32 minutes ago, Steve RA said:

Yes, while the P stands for practical, how practical is a full tilt Open gun vs a pistol caliber carbine out in the cold, cruel world ???

Steve, don't go dragging logic into this argument, it has not done anything to deserve that!

12 minutes ago, RJH said:

I am serious,  practical shooting is what the sport was based in. A pcc is a very practical gun. It also pisses off open shooters since they are not a shoe in for hoa anymore, and that is funny and  makes me laugh

Perhaps that attitude is part of why PCC isn't as popular as you might have hoped?

This whole thread is hilarious to me.

Uspsa is a shooting SPORT.... SPORT. 

It's supposed to be something fun, which is why I shoot it. 

Once the fun goes away and it becomes whining over whoever beat me with whatever gun, I'm done. 

If you're not into PCC, then don't shoot it. Let others have fun in the division they choose. 

15 minutes ago, teros135 said:

Perhaps that attitude is part of why PCC isn't as popular as you might have hoped?

Yeah, I am sure people are against pcc cause i think that it is funny that open shooters get their panties in a wad cause they are not always the favorite for hoa. Let me guess you and sarge (who agreed with you) are open shooters? I shoot limited mainly, so i get to just laugh at the open shooters with their panties bunched and pccers, for shooting pcc. Y'all go go unbunch your panties, and don't take it all too seriously,  it just a game. #pccneedslovetoo

PS that was my first ever # haha 

I have seen match stages intentionally designed to "challenge" (a.k.a screw) PPC shooters:

1. Super tight left leans immediately followed by super tight right leans in very tight corridors

2. 45-degree low targets to be engaged from high ports

3. 5-yard head-only targets followed by 20+ yard partials

4. Unloaded starts requiring weak hand holding gun and strong hand touching somewhere else (like a wall)

My observations has been that having rifles mingle in a pistol match indeed has changed the stage designs, not drastically but gradually.

3 minutes ago, Matt1911 said:

This whole thread is hilarious to me.

Uspsa is a shooting SPORT.... SPORT. 

It's supposed to be something fun, which is why I shoot it. 

Once the fun goes away and it becomes whining over whoever beat me with whatever gun, I'm done. 

If you're not into PCC, then don't shoot it. Let others have fun in the division they choose. 

Hey now, watch out the anti pcc/attitude police will be after you too  lol

1 minute ago, Dazhi said:

I have seen match stages intentionally designed to "challenge" (a.k.a screw) PPC shooters:

1. Super tight left leans immediately followed by super tight right leans in very tight corridors

2. 45-degree low targets to be engaged from high ports

3. 5-yard head-only targets followed by 20+ yard partials

4. Unloaded starts requiring weak hand holding gun and strong hand touching somewhere else (like a wall)

My observations has been that having rifles mingle in a pistol match indeed has changed the stage designs, not drastically but gradually.

These are all pistol shooters with panties bunched changes, they are the only reason things are changing,  not pccs 

9 minutes ago, RJH said:

Yeah, I am sure people are against pcc cause i think that it is funny that open shooters get their panties in a wad cause they are not always the favorite for hoa. Let me guess you and sarge (who agreed with you) are open shooters? I shoot limited mainly, so i get to just laugh at the open shooters with their panties bunched and pccers, for shooting pcc. Y'all go go unbunch your panties, and don't take it all too seriously,  it just a game. #pccneedslovetoo

PS that was my first ever # haha 

I am an open shooter but nowhere near in contention for HOA or division win. I just resent false promises.

In 5 years there will probably be a shotgun division anyway so it’s too late to fix anything now.😂