Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Drillbit

Registering your S&W fireaem

Should I register?

With the life time warranty, are there any other advantages other then recall notices?   

I see in the owners manual it says "original owner." 

The last revolver that I bought new about ten years ago, the owners manual said the same thing and was sent back two times for repair.    I never registered it and there were no questions asked.

Should I register?  

Register;.... I hate that word.

Edited by Drillbit

I registered my M&P and get a newsletter every once and a while. In fact ... that is how I found out I could buy 2.0 grip panels for my Core ...

But ... I am sure you can sign up for their newsletters w/o bothering with the registration.

One thing the registration "IS" apparently required for is the lifetime service warranty for the original owner ...  

From their site ...

Smith & Wesson’s Lifetime Service Policy begins after the warranty period has expired. Smith & Wesson will repair, without charge, for the lifetime of the original owner, any Smith & Wesson handgun purchased on or after February 1, 1989, and any M&P15 series rifle, that is found to have a defect in material or workmanship. Eligibility for this Lifetime Service Policy requires returning the Product Registration Card within 30 days of purchase. The Lifetime Service Policy covers functional defects; it does not include the firearm’s finish, grips, magazines or sights. The Lifetime Service Policy is in addition to and not an extension of the Smith & Wesson Warranty. This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights that vary from State to State. "

https://www.smith-wesson.com/customer-service/warranty

I dont register them and the couple times I needed parts for either a gun I bought new or a used gun of recent  manufacture and they asked for a serial number etc I never had a problem. So I never remember to register. Maybe it helps the next guy out if I ever sell it, who knows. A lifetime warranty is there if the manufacture made a mistake or an error, shouldn't matter who has it when that error looms itself during a lifetimes of use anyway! 

Edited by BallisticianX

"Maybe it helps the next guy out if I ever sell it"

That was my main thought, the next guy.

1 hour ago, Drillbit said:

"Maybe it helps the next guy out if I ever sell it"

That was my main thought, the next guy.

What can I say, Im a considerate guy.....My friends call me the nicest a@#hole you'll ever meet LOL