Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

No one has mentioned Molecular Advantage. Been using fo a couple of years now and really like. The lube is kind of viscous, and stays put. The grease is nice also. https://molecular-advantage.com/ the syringes used are excellent as you can put the lube exactly where you need it so you don’t waste any as it is expensive. I don’t know if the videos are hype but they are impressive if true. They sponsor the Florida University shooting team so they might just be legit. If anyone has any experience with it I would like to get more info. Especially with all the hypes concerning gun lubes.

Posted (edited)

Mobil 1 10w30 fully synthetic. Stays where you put it, doesn't burn off. All my guns get it. I don't grease my 2011s, but for guns that do I use TW25B.

Edited by JRM83

Someone needs to make a bacon scented gun lube.

Lucas Extreme, slippery and stays put.

I've been meaning to try their engine assembly lube.

I use Lucas extreme. Got some as a tester with my STI and bought the kit off amazon. Stuff is amazing for me anyways!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All my 1911's,  combination formula of Mobil 1  5-30 and a additive similar to STP.  Works for me and I shoot them all really wet. 

Jim

0w-20 full synthetic

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0028NAFFW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm going to throw this one out there.  It was mentioned on another forum, they used it on their loaner/rental AR rifles.  It stays on the lugs quite a while.

I bought some and lubed a couple of firearms with it.  I'm very impressed with this oil.  It's on the thick side and it's stringy.  It stays where you put it and is slicker than snot on a doorknob.  

You can also find it at your local bicycle shop.

I was using 5w30 mobile one for a long time...  But... I have become quite the lucas extreme fan...

On 1/19/2019 at 6:31 PM, Cherokeewind said:

I've been away from 1911s for a while........what's the latest and greatest lube for them?

Thanks

I have never tried the Lucas oil but I can tell you that the SLIP 2000 EWL is fantastic stuff. It is supposed to be fully synthetic. It is supposed to be non toxic, although I wouldn't drink it! What is does do is lube your 1911 or AR15 very well. It has a very high flash point and will not burn off an AR bolt.   A coating of EWL will prevent carbon build up in your AR. It is really good lube.

I use Lucas gun oil because I live in SoCal and don’t have to worry about the weather and it works.

I've been using the free samples of Lucas EXTREME DUTY that I got over the last couple years and it has been really great.

Not ONE lubrication associated failure in the past four years of using it.

Does anyone here use Bob Marvel Oil aka MFR-7?

In the past it was manufactured by ABC Compounding through Pro Gold. 

They no no longer have the rights to manufacture this oil. While it is no longer available, it will be in the near future.

If this is an oil you are interested in, send me a PM or follow my dealer forum. Thanks!

On 3/29/2019 at 12:45 AM, Goodonpaper said:

Someone needs to make a bacon scented gun lube.

Lucas Extreme, slippery and stays put.

I've been meaning to try their engine assembly lube.

I use actual bacon grease on my 58 remington... 
Petrol oil and black powder makes asphalt... no bueno for cap and ball.,,, Whale grease works best but for some reason its FROWNED apon.
On my modern guns I use EARL,,, or what ever was free in the grab bag at the last match.. It just doesnt matter.
Oh pretty sure the lucas stuff is just plain ole 2 cycle oil, re bottled and GROSSLY overpriced.

22 hours ago, Joe4d said:

I use actual bacon grease on my 58 remington... 

Seems like all the salt couldn’t be a good thing. 

humm good point,,,  guess I shoulda said "used" vs use.  Saw some in a cup by the stove one day,, said what the heck. What I found to be best and cheap so far for over wad or over ball is a toilette floor seal ring. Old hardware store near me had the old school ones made of bee's wax. bought a handful . Last forever just needed a dab on a fiber wad. Worry was a chain fire. Was mostly shooting pyrodex  blanks. My guns are stainless, and I cleaned with balistol,, seem none the worse for wear.

On a serious note ?  I dont think lube matters much with smokeless powder guns. Put something slick on it. It will run. Like I said to this question about 15 years ago.
I use whatever was free in the last matches grab bag.

Automatic transmission fluid, synthetic motor oil, Weapon Shield CLP in descending order of quantities I've used.

I still get a laugh when I see someone is horrified that I use automotive lubrication products on my guns.

On 4/6/2019 at 8:08 AM, jim m said:

All my 1911's,  combination formula of Mobil 1  5-30 and a additive similar to STP.  Works for me and I shoot them all really wet. 

Jim

John Nowlin's recommendation 25+ years ago was a 50-50 mix of Mobil 1 and Slick-50.