Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Another Mobil 1 synthetic vote, OW20 or 5W20. 

Gear lube is pretty smelly. Is that really what Lucas Extreme is?

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 8:00 PM, triumphrider said:

Mobil 1 

Full synthetic 

0w-20

For several years now.  Same lube for the CZs and the AR15's.  And the non - greased areas of the M1A and M1 Garands.

Slide Glide on the major parts. Weapon Shield on the ignition parts. 13,000trouble free rounds.

I've been running Slide Glide Light in my Commander for several years. Stays in place until I clean it out and reapply it.

Ow-20 Syn motor oil.  I think Slip 2000 is the best oil made for guns but the motor oil seems better than all.   CLP is gone after a match when I get home, the gun is dry.

16 minutes ago, Cherokeewind said:

Thanks for all the input.  I picked up a quart of Mobil 1 5w-20 today, will see how it goes.

That should last you for the next 50 years

Whatever my truck takes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I use break free for the slide/disconnector/upper lugs.  Bearing grease on the barrel bushing and lower lugs. TW25B on the sear/hammer hooks

Keith

Edited by wheelsthatgrip

I’ve had good luck with the Wilson combat light oil. Works great in both summer heat and freezing winter temps. That said the cheapest would probably a quart of Mobil 1.  I know a lot of guys that run all different weights with success. Stay away from frog lube or seal 1.  It’s just coconut oil If my memory serves me right. 

I'd wager a reasonable amount of money that all the "Gun Lubes" are relabeled oil or grease.  None of the people selling "Gun Lubes" do enough volume to have anything custom made or have a refinery of their own.

I use a combonation of grease and oil, Lucus Red n Tacky, and left over  Mobil 1, there is absolutely no reason to spend money on dedicated “Gun” lubes, not only do they have a 5000% mark up, 99.9% are just off the shelf products repackaged/blends in to smaller more profitable containers

Cuda Lube from SSI or ALG Go-Juice, not the grease, haven't tried it yet. I had a gift cert for the cuda lube and the ALG was free. 

I use a combonation of grease and oil, Lucus Red n Tacky, and left over  Mobil 1, there is absolutely no reason to spend money on dedicated “Gun” lubes, not only do they have a 5000% mark up, 99.9% are just off the shelf products repackaged/blends in to smaller more profitable containers
No they are not, not the good ones.
Cheap ones maybe.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I use Slip 2000 and it’s pretty good, but seems to slow down in cold outdoor environments.

I use ELF two stroke racing oil...same as one of the high end custom builders use bottled up...

Been using slip 2000 runs good always have oil on the rails when I take it apart