Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My PCC comparison, JP is worth it.

On 1/19/2019 at 10:33 PM, ABQautoxer said:

Any suggestions for the best 124gr factory ammo that isn't $0.30/round or more?

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/federal-ae-9mm-luger-ammo-124-gr-fmj-ae9ap-p-659.aspx

Well under 20 cents per round. Although some  guns will always prefer something else, A.E. is generally pretty accurate and isn’t loaded super hot.

Also dumb PCC question, what range should we be zero'ing for USPSA? I set them to 15yds for now since the bore axis differential isn't that much.

I do 18yds I think. 25yd makes your offset up close a bit excessive, and good hits up close are important. Your shooting is 90% 15 yards and under in USPSA.

Once you zero your dot at the static range, shoot groups at 30, 25, 20, 15, 10, and 7 yd. Take pics of them to refer to when dryfiring so you know where to hold on a partial target at that distance.

Oh, and make sure you know where to put the dot so you land dead center A when shooting a 3yd headshot. Lots of guys give away points by  shooting 2 bravos (now charlies) just below the upper A box.

Edited by MemphisMechanic
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 11:12 AM, ABQautoxer said:

Have you gone to one of the ultra light rear stocks to counter it already? That Smoke one looks like it has to help some.

Also what magwells, if any, are you guys running on the JP?

Note that Taylor Freelance has just come out with a metal magwell for the GMR-15 which they claim does not scratch the lower when it is mounted.   I don't have one, but just saw the release note  the other day.  

I know a few guys who ran MPX's and they have all stopped working around 10,000 rounds.  Every single one has had major spring issues constantly and then has had cycling issues around that round count.  Some quit and some switched to jp and haven't had any problems since.  lol

Recently bought a gmr to switch out for my scorpion.  Scorpion has held up fine but it's not even on the same level as the gmr

So... why didn't they just replace the springs?  I'm at ~8000 or so with mine, and the only spring issue has been a failed extractor spring at 7000.  No knock against JP... I own a JP-15 for my AR, and it's amazing.  The GMR-15 is much harsher than my MPX, though, with factory ammo (and I don't have the time to reload.)