Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

pcc starts

Diver123

19 minutes ago, Acer2428 said:

Right, he's saying you cannot use a TERM to describe a start position, you have to spell it out. Not that the position itself is off-limits. As long as it's safe, I don't see an issue with any rando start position, but it has to be spelled out. 

I'm also surprised we don't see more unloaded/mags on belt starts for PCC. 

How do know that is what he is saying? He explicitly gives "Trail Carry" as an example of a "weird carry method", not as an example of an ambiguous description.

I missed the handling part, just saw it as could not be mandated for start position via a term.

I struggled with it for a bit, but could you make a pistol shooter start with it unholstered, loaded in weak hand?  Seems that would be the parallel here. 

However a weak hand grip on handguard and strong hand relaxed at side OR loaded, stock on belt with weak hand above shoulders both seem like viable modified, but similar starts to common pistol positions. 

2 hours ago, bdpaz said:

How do know that is what he is saying? He explicitly gives "Trail Carry" as an example of a "weird carry method", not as an example of an ambiguous description.

I want to know what the definition of “weird carry method” is. 

Also, I thought the online-only rule book was supposed to do away with random letters, definitions, and opinions floating around. 

2 hours ago, Acer2428 said:

I missed the handling part, just saw it as could not be mandated for start position via a term.

I struggled with it for a bit, but could you make a pistol shooter start with it unholstered, loaded in weak hand?  Seems that would be the parallel here. 

However a weak hand grip on handguard and strong hand relaxed at side OR loaded, stock on belt with weak hand above shoulders both seem like viable modified, but similar starts to common pistol positions. 

While I do not agree with the rule at all, 8.2.4.1 says “a course of fire must never require a competitor to start with the carbine held on the weak side,” so I would have to say trail carry with the strong hand would be legal, while weak hand would not. 

2 hours ago, Acer2428 said:

No.   Because you can never start a COF by touching your pistol or ammo.  It's not really a parallel as it's a different set of rules.

Edited by d_striker

24 minutes ago, HCH said:

While I do not agree with the rule at all, 8.2.4.1 says “a course of fire must never require a competitor to start with the carbine held on the weak side,” so I would have to say trail carry with the strong hand would be legal, while weak hand would not. 

The WSB could simply say "holding PCC by handguard in either hand."  Then it is up to the competitor to carry it in their weak hand if they choose to.  

58 minutes ago, d_striker said:

The WSB could simply say "holding PCC by handguard in either hand."  Then it is up to the competitor to carry it in their weak hand if they choose to.  

No. That’s tooooooooooo weirrrrrd. 

22 minutes ago, Patrick Scott said:

What do you do with a PCC shooter whos gun has no handguard? 

Good question.  

I've never seen PCC without some sort of handguard/forestock.  What does such a thing look like?

Edited by d_striker

• 4 years later...