Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IFG Lim Pro came in today

BigAm

3 hours ago, OPENB said:

What’s the DA/SA trigger pulls out of the box?

Heavy haha. Not sure what the numbers would be...but Id say like 12lb DA and like 6 or 8lb SA.

Pretty clean though. Not much creep on the SA. I put a 14lb hammer spring in, and it def feels better. Id say maybe 10 or 11lb DA and like 5 or 6lb SA.

I need a trigger gauge.

Got mine today, pretty excited. Couple impressions.

As Big said, DA pull is heavy and will need some work.

Both large and small frames will be available, i chose large for better grip selection here in the US.

Comes with a single sided extended safety, no more ambi safety. This is good for IDPA shooters.

Slide release is really hard to reach with my shooting hand, I will see is smaller grips/ smaller safety will help with this at all.

Heart hammer.

Blacked out stock sights.

Fit and finish seem really good.

Comes with 2 mags.

More Pictures: 

43 minutes ago, BigAm said:

Pretty clean though. Not much creep on the SA. I put a 14lb hammer spring in, and it def feels better. Id say maybe 10 or 11lb DA and like 5 or 6lb SA. 

I need a trigger gauge.

The trigger bar and lifter (especially the lifter) need polishing to reduce the pull force. Then the disco.  follow MemphisMechanic videos and the trigger will be much better.

46 minutes ago, Brophy-J said:

Big, What safety are you running? Unica?

Yessir! I have an issue of bumping the safety on ever so slightly with my support hand.

23 minutes ago, johnbu said:

The trigger bar and lifter (especially the lifter) need polishing to reduce the pull force. Then the disco.  follow MemphisMechanic videos and the trigger will be much better.

Ive got those bookmarked, and as soon as I get back from this work trip Im going to work over the whole gun. Those videos of his are fantastic. Do you think a titan hammer is required? Or do you think I can get a decent trigger pull with the stock hammer.

23 hours ago, BigAm said:

Do you think a titan hammer is required? Or do you think I can get a decent trigger pull with the stock hammer.

The Titan is better and will give a crisper SA and a little more "thump" in DA.  The newest factory is decent.  I think the Unica Hammer and sear are better than Titan, but have seen reports of the sear being "soft" and wearing out after a season.  I tried the Unica and went back to the Titan.  Just my preference.

23 hours ago, BigAm said:

Those videos of his are fantastic.

👍😁👍

Glad they help so many!!

Do you think a titan hammer is required? Or do you think I can get a decent trigger pull with the stock hammer.

Every overtravel screw should be removed and discarded. IMO. Just a malfunction waiting to happen someday when your loctite works loose, and they do nothing to improve the trigger except in very slow bullseye shooting. You’ll never notice it’s absence once the buzzer goes off!

Deleting it is a feature, not a bug. Run without it.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

1 hour ago, Intercooler2 said:

Right out of the box, which of the EAA/IFG DA/SA pistols has the best trigger pulls(not Xtremes)? Would the Stock III take the award?

They’re all 12 pounds of suck.

If you don’t want to do a trigger job, or pay for one, buy the steel framed walther and skip Tanfos. :D 

(The triggers in my Prod and CO Walthers are still stock)

1 hour ago, Intercooler2 said:

Right out of the box, which of the EAA/IFG DA/SA pistols has the best trigger pulls(not Xtremes)? Would the Stock III take the award?

Hammer spring change is cheap and fairly simple.

The current IPSC world/USPSA national champ's trigger on his tanfo sucks!  Hammer spring is enough to get the trigger ready to run!

22 hours ago, B_RAD said:

Hammer spring change is cheap and fairly simple.

The current IPSC world/USPSA national champ's trigger on his tanfo sucks!  Hammer spring is enough to get the trigger ready to run!

Unless his gunsmith changed things on his new guns, I'd hardly say "sucks". 

Like 7 and 3# and smooth.  stouter than us peasants like, but he learned to not disturb the sights with a stronger trigger.

And at that level, even one "light strike" will cost a championship! 

30 minutes ago, johnbu said:

Unless his gunsmith changed things on his new guns, I'd hardly say "sucks". 

Like 7 and 3# and smooth.  stouter than us peasants like, but he learned to not disturb the sights with a stronger trigger.

And at that level, even one "light strike" will cost a championship! 

I thought the SA pull had a ton of creep on the two I dry fired. 

Anyways, I was trying to encourage the OP to try a hammer spring swap since it seems he doesn't want to do a trigger job.  The Lim pros have one piece Sears, that may help too.

7 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Creep is good. I made my Tanfo shatter like glass, then discovered I much prefer a  trigger that rolls back as you as progressively add weight.

Mmm. Creep.

Sexy, sexy creep.

Funny, but I added pre_travel to my guns as I have the touch and feel of an arthritic blacksmith. Too easy to send one past brown on weak hand transfers.  

19 hours ago, johnbu said:

Funny, but I added pre_travel to my guns as I have the touch and feel of an arthritic blacksmith. Too easy to send one past brown on weak hand transfers.  

I added some to the one gun that had zero because going back and forth between guns made me crazy. 

16 hours ago, philippshen said:

looks really nice, I wonder how aggressive is the grip checkering

If your talking about the checking on the front...its not very aggressive. Typical of a normal tanfo.

The grips I have on mine are the LOK grips in full checkered. They are pretty good! Not super aggressive, but very tacky. I prefer it to the boogies.

I also had LOK add .080" to the thickness to make them as thick as the wood grips.