Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IFG Lim Pro came in today

BigAm

Picked this up today after ordering from BSPS. Couple things I was happy with, and one thing I wasnt...

It came with a one piece sear already installed which was nice, and the grip screw location is the same as some of the older models so my LOK grips fit as well. Also it fits inside a Stock 3 holster pretty well.

Only thing I'm not stoked on is that it didnt come with the over travel stop trigger. I mean I am gonna swap it out for an xtreme when I can find one, but it would have been nice in the mean time.

I put in a 14lb hammer spring, a 10lb recoil spring, put a unica safety on it, and put my LOK grips that have .080" extra thickness to bring them up to the same size as the wood grips on.

All in all Im very happy with it.

IMG_1149.jpg

Edited by BigAm

8 minutes ago, gunnerBU said:

Looks great!

How is the checkering on the front and back straps?  Looks pretty shallow, like the newer Stock 2s.

Checking is the same as the Stock 2 or 3. Id say its a little better than my stock 2 since I have an xtreme version, and it seems a little less aggressive since they had to sand blast the whole thing to cerakote it.

Checking feels good...but could be better for sure. Would be nice if it was Shadow 2 sharp...or old school springfield TRP sharp.

6 minutes ago, FALAR said:

I wish my stock II and III came with that trigger.  Personally, I'm not a fan of the overtravel screw especially its location.

I actually agree with you. Im going to swap it out for an Xtreme trigger sooner than later. The over travel location makes way way more sense on that, than the other one, but I just cant get behind the ultra curved trigger. I like that straighter feel.

51 minutes ago, FALAR said:

My Stock II and III are at Patriot Defense getting "upgrades" right now and Xtreme triggers are going in both for the same reasons.

They are so good at working on tanfos. Ive played with a few that have been worked over by them. Top notch! As soon as they get some xtreme triggers back in stock online I'm gonna order one for my Lim Pro. Not sure if I want to get a titan hammer for this one. So far it seems to be lighting everything off nice. CCIs even. Gonna do the Memphic Mechanic polish up. He has some great videos on that. Should make it nice and smooth Id hope!

The "old" EAA Limted Pro does not have over travel screw either. It has 1-piece sear and 2-wing disco. Looks like the internals of the "new" IFG are identical to the EAA version, which is a good thing for ppl owning both "old" and "new" versions.

Sent from my LG-h910 using Tapatalk

37 minutes ago, BigAm said:

They are so good at working on tanfos. Ive played with a few that have been worked over by them. Top notch! As soon as they get some xtreme triggers back in stock online I'm gonna order one for my Lim Pro. Not sure if I want to get a titan hammer for this one. So far it seems to be lighting everything off nice. CCIs even. Gonna do the Memphic Mechanic polish up. He has some great videos on that. Should make it nice and smooth Id hope!

They were out of stock of the "smooth" Xtreme triggers and I didn't want to wait any longer than I had to so I just opted for the "checkered" which to me is what I'd call serrated.

I had a slight preference for smooth but not enough to wait forever.  I've had metal serrated triggers before (pretty common on 1911s) and liked them just fine.

Edited by FALAR

2 minutes ago, FALAR said:

They were out of stock of the "smooth" Xtreme triggers and I didn't want to wait any longer then I had to so I just opted for the "checkered" which to me is what I'd call serrated.

I had a slight preference for smooth but not enough to wait forever.  I've had metal serrated triggers before (pretty common on 1911s) and liked them just fine.

Yeeeah. Ive been looking for either or. I really dont mind the checkered or smooth. They are out of both at the moment, as well as BSPS...both places said they would probably have them back in stock in around a week to a week and a half. I hope its sooner!

38 minutes ago, Intercooler2 said:

Small or large frame? I wish the billboarding was a little less pronounced.

Large frame. I got mine from BSPS and I dont think they are stocking the small frame ones yet.

I know that PD is stocking both, but they didnt have any 9mm ones when I was looking to buy.

4 hours ago, Dazhi said:

The "old" EAA Limted Pro does not have over travel screw either. It has 1-piece sear and 2-wing disco. Looks like the internals of the "new" IFG are identical to the EAA version, which is a good thing for ppl owning both "old" and "new" versions.

Sent from my LG-h910 using Tapatalk

The disco on mine was a single wing...sorry I forgot to mention that. And I didnt know the old lim pros didnt have the overtravel! Very interesting.

5 minutes ago, BigAm said:

The disco on mine was a single wing...sorry I forgot to mention that. And I didnt know the old lim pros didnt have the overtravel! Very interesting.

My old style frame LimPro had the overtravel screw trigger, same one that was in my Stock II. 

5 minutes ago, thx1138jt said:

I thought the exterior dimensions for small and large frames were the same?

I dont know if thats right since large frame and small frame have different grips for sale. It could be though! I dont have much experience with the small frame guns. The small frame guns do show up on the website as being different overall lengths as well. Im sure someone with more experience than me can answer that question though.

2 hours ago, BigAm said:

I dont know if thats right since large frame and small frame have different grips for sale. It could be though! I dont have much experience with the small frame guns. The small frame guns do show up on the website as being different overall lengths as well. Im sure someone with more experience than me can answer that question though.

The INTERNAL DIMENSION of the grip are different. That moves the screw back on the LF.  the SF has more undercut under the beaver tail (reportedly). Other details too.

3 minutes ago, johnbu said:

The INTERNAL DIMENSION of the grip are different. That moves the screw back on the LF.  the SF has more undercut under the beaver tail (reportedly). Other details too.

Very interesting. Id love to get my hands on one sometime to see what differences I can notice. Thank you for the clarification on that!