Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mirror adaptation for 550C?

YoungEyes - Sir I am going to message you later today on this thread to ask for your guidance and help for a slightly modified ystem I would like to set up....Heading out now to go get a couple of my grandkids so it will be later today before I can send my message to you...This post allows me to have a record of this thread because when my grandkids get on my IPad to play their games all other open app’s get closed...

Merry Christmas Sir - Message you later today.....Mark

On 12/15/2019 at 11:02 PM, Jessdigs said:

This mirror on Amazon works really well for a powder mirror. 1 wrap of electrical tape helps it stay put.

HARDK Inspection Mirror Magnetic Base Welding Magnet https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HNBWJ3M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_66W9DbW729TZG6fbe193b973996a5d398cddce67828be.jpg807f5208d4d5465f7d6ebb40007f8943.jpg143dee40db74cdc9e947865917d3a9fd.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Jess - Have to ask....Whats up with all of the different color bullet coating colors??  Is each color a different weight bullet?

Jess - Have to ask....Whats up with all of the different color bullet coating colors??  Is each color a different weight bullet?
I cast several hundred at one time, and powder coat different colors. Most of the time they all weigh the same, but the color represents powder charge. Sometimes I just load rainbow loads of all the same powder charge, but all my loads are bagged with a tag that shows what's in them. c245e53c0cd794193a033653b5475904.jpg49b7a310020c162af0a5ff8057c25b41.jpg49bef0e7d56a90febe9493ee17a384c0.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Youngeyes - Yes Sir - thank you for this picture and thanks for your message also...Do not worry about asking others for more information as this new picture provides me with my requested answer...Merry Christmas to you and your family Sir and I will be getting the set up you provided the links too earlier on order later today...Mark

• 3 weeks later...

I have started reloading on a 550 recently (upgraded from a Pro 1000). My question is: Is the mirror/camera necessary? The reason I'm asking is that when I prime the cases in the normal operation, I tend to lean slightly forward on the upstroke. This then gives me overhead sight on the load in the case prior to indexing and place the bullet. Just what I do. Am I doing something wrong?

2 hours ago, Zane1973 said:

I have started reloading on a 550 recently (upgraded from a Pro 1000). My question is: Is the mirror/camera necessary? The reason I'm asking is that when I prime the cases in the normal operation, I tend to lean slightly forward on the upstroke. This then gives me overhead sight on the load in the case prior to indexing and place the bullet. Just what I do. Am I doing something wrong?

No, it isn't absolutely necessary, but it does help some people. I have a mirror and light on my 550, but I also load from the seated position. The light and mirror make it quite easy to see inside the case without having to be above the press.

On 1/12/2020 at 11:22 PM, Zane1973 said:

Got you. The light is definitely a must have. Depending on the lighting of the room/bench or in some cases closets. The machine tends cast shadow lines. But thanx for the answer 

I have an 4 ft shop light above my 550. Also realized that a mini mag light (and similar) fit perfectly in the center hole of the tool head. I have a few small freebie lights I've gotten that fit in that spot perfectly and were really bright.

A couple wraps of tape and it's held in place.