Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
Sliv2

Mid-March travel.... where to go?

Looks like I'll have a week off in the middle of March. I'd love to use it as an opportunity to travel and, preferably, include a match. 

So... where to? I'm open to any suggestions. 

Requirements: 1) It has to be warm; 2) the region has to have other things to do (city stuff, nature stuff, or both); and 3) ease of travel to and from should be reasonable. 

The match is definitely secondary, so it doesn't have to be a major match or some Michelin-starred club.

Florida and Arizona come to mind. Weather should be near perfect in both places. And plenty of matches available in in both.

There's a match every Sat & Sun in Florida - perfect weather in March.

If you have kids, leave them with Mickey.     :) 

Alabama Section in Dothan & PTAC & Jabs knockdown steel challenge in Talledega both in March. The steel match, if you haven’t shot one, is be far the most fun kind of shooting

On 1/15/2019 at 10:19 PM, Hi-Power Jack said:

There's a match every Sat & Sun in Florida - perfect weather in March.

If you have kids, leave them with Mickey.     :) 

Good suggestion! I have kids (4 years and 8 months old). We haven't taken them to any trip yet, but we are going to, so any kind of advice is really appreciated. I have already surfed the Internet and checked TravelSites for the info, but it is always great to learn from other people's experience 😉 Of course, we won't leave our 8-month-old daughter with Mickey, but I think, our son will like to spend some time there. Thanks!

Orlando. Universal Shooting is a little over an hour south of Orlando.

I’m not a fan of the city but I have young kids and there are endless things to do that are kid friendly. Flights are reasonable from the Midwest. Delta/MCO handle checked guns like it’s no big deal. VRBO homes are very cheap if you’re willing to be 30 minutes from Disney. Mid-March is warmish - high 70s to low 80s.