Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sunday, April 28th, 2019....IPSC 66 (also known as the Wayne County Raccoon Hunters Club in Romulus, Michigan) will be hosting our first ever Southeast Michigan Lo Cap Championship for Single Stack, Production, L10 and Revolver Divisions only. 9 stages, 230+ rounds in a 1 day format for a $60 match fee of American Funds (just an FYI to our many Canadian competitors). This is our normal shooting weekend so nothing special has to be planned for by those that try to make out match every month. 

For those $60, you will get a the above mentioned 9 level III stages, 230+ rounds, plaques for all recognized divisions and most classes and entry into the gun giveaway raffle that we have. We are looking to give away 2 1911's and 2 polymer guns to by random draw to any competitor that pays their match fee.  (if you DQ at the match, you are out of the drawing...…..). We are only planning on having up to about 96-100 shooters maximum, so look at practicescore to enter your info and send your check with match entry fee to me (info is on practiscore…...or you can call me or email if you have further questions...). 

If this goes well (and we think that it will, then in October we will have the High Cap Championship for Limited, Open, Carry Optics and PCC) then we can start making this an annual type of event to kick off the outdoor season and possibly end the outdoor seasons here in Michigan. 

We look forward to seeing you out on the range as we host our monthly matches this year. Clear sights and crisp triggers to all.

Roy Neal

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thank you Roy, Geoff and the rest of the match crew for a great match. Congrats to the match winners and to lucky ones who won gun draws!

Special thanks to Roy and Squad 10 for letting us do a field test of AMG Labs Bluetooth Timer at the match. It seem to work flawlessly and we collected interesting data from several good stage runs.

I do owe an apology for squad behind us, that picked up stage tablet after our squad with timer we used at another stage still linked to it. With club-owned timers that wouldn't be an issue, but we had to remember to unlink timer after every stage.

Here is a side-by-side per-shot comparison of Roy and Andrew runs on Stage 6 (PractiScore Competitor app):

image.thumb.png.a0c4fd31d6880caa0dea6ac035a6463e.png

Thank you to all who came out to the Lo Cap Championship match this year. I hope everyone enjoyed Vince's hard work to get the boulders that were covering bays 10-12 replaced with a much finer gravel. I know my feet are happier today because of it!

We are already looking forward to the Hi Cap Championship later this year. I have received some suggestions for stats and will implement them going forward.

Stay tuned for that match opening for Registration soon!

I would like to offer a special thanks to all the IPSC66 staff who always step up and make Roy and My vision come true. They always support our matches and give many hours of their time. We truly appreciate their support.

Thanks again,

Geoff Siembor (Stats)

• 2 weeks later...

Eugene,

Thank you for showing us the new toy!!1 I think 6 of my guys have already ordered them with more on the way I bet. 1 for each bay I am betting soon......ahhhh...the joys of technology!!! 

Thank you to all that came out and supported our efforts. First it was the range set up crew. They were incredible. They set up 9 level III stages in just 2 hours. Our Crew just gets what we are trying to do and they all pitch in to make it happen. We couldn't do it without each of them. The stages were deceiving as they seemed easy and simple. Till you look at everyone's scores and realize that the hard cover, no shoots and distance really took a toll on people's scores. 

Second-a big thank you to Geoff Siembor for being Mr. Stats and Registration. It is a thankless job but someone has to do it. 

3rd specific thank you goes out to Rob Gaffney for helping me with everything as usual......even while losing his Mom as she passed away shortly before the match. 

4th-to all the competitors who come and make this a great opportunity to have a blast!. thank you for all making the effort and then thanking my staff for doing it. That really helps. 

We look forward to hosting the High Cap Championship in October (27th) where many top shooters in the area have said that they will come, so when registration opens in July, don't be shy. Get registered so that you can join us for some fun and laughs. And maybe even some great shooting. 

We look forward to seeing you out on the range.

Regards,

Roy