Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open VS Limited Shooting (I want to release the hounds)

Posvar

Thanks. Loading ammo now for a long outdoor session on Monday. 

Steve Anderson is coming here in July for a two day ten person class and I’m planning on going. I’ve heard good things about him. 

Yesterday I ran some live fire drills to push my limits and also see what the gun can do. It was eye opening and very beneficial. These guns are flat out amazing when ran hard. Thanks to all who contributed. Your advice is helping. 

Edited by Posvar

4 hours ago, Posvar said:

Yesterday I ran some live fire drills to push my limits and also see what the gun can do. It was eye opening and very beneficial. These guns are flat out amazing when ran hard. Thanks to all who contributed. Your advice is helping. 

Run those drills with a piece of paper taped over the front of the sight lens. I've been dry firing the same way and dry firing with the DOT turned off. When I turn the dot on it's just there to confirm where the shots will land  I've been trying to incorporate all three in live and dry fire. When things click together it's almost revolutionary!

• 2 months later...

Quick update after a few months have passed. It’s been raining weekly and with softball in full swing I haven’t been able to shoot matches or do any live fire. 

Yesterday I attended a really good monthly match which always has some stiff competition. We had rain during the match and tons of mud but we shot it anyways. 

The gun felt great and I really am starting to get used to the platform and shooting with a dot. Ended up 1st Open and 6th overall behind a GM, M, (2) PCC, and an A shooter. I am very pleased. Still left a ton on the table and once all that starts clicking it will be game on. Thanks for all the tips and help and I’ll continue to use them. 

14 hours ago, Posvar said:

. Ended up 1st Open and 6th overall behind a GM, M, (2) PCC, and an A shooter. 

Hey, I thought you said you were a high B shooter ???

That does it, no more advice for YOU.     :surprise:

p.s.  Very nice shooting.     :cheers:

Thanks guys. I think I said I was a high B Limited shooter. Still a lowly C class Open shooter but only have 4 matches in this year so far. It has a definite learning curve to it. This weekend I am shooting an 8 stage match with long bays and tons of steel mixed in. Should be a good challenge.

Another good day yesterday in a long 9 stage match with over 100 shooters. Competition was stacked! Had a crazy malfunction with a magazine on a stage and that pretty much cost me the whole match. There were 5 more stages after this one and I decided to just shoot my game. Ended up with (2) top 5 overall runs and some excellent stages to wrap it up. Things are for sure clicking at rapid pace now! Now back to dry fire and live fire practice before the Classic in Mississippi in May!

8 minutes ago, Posvar said:

Another good day yesterday in a long 9 stage match with over 100 shooters. Competition was stacked! Had a crazy malfunction with a magazine on a stage and that pretty much cost me the whole match. There were 5 more stages after this one and I decided to just shoot my game. Ended up with (2) top 5 overall runs and some excellent stages to wrap it up. Things are for sure clicking at rapid pace now! Now back to dry fire and live fire practice before the Classic in Mississippi in May!

That’s awesome! 

I shot like a retard on bath salts yesterday.