Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
bimmer1980

CZ p10 F for IPSC/USPSA?

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone!

 

Has anyone already tried a P10 F for competition? What are your thoughts about it? 

Here in Germany they are still not available but, as far as i know, in the US.

 

I´m planning to give it a try in carry optics/production optics. (lite)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought one last week.  Haven't shot it yet.  For the price I got it for I might send the top end down to Primary Machine to get it cut for an optic.  Got the HBI trigger in yesterday and will be installing it this weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw an iron sights only model locally last week.  They did a great job on it and I think it will do well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a P10C that I’ve been shooting for the better part of a year now.  I bought it to be a carry gun but shot it in Production for a few matches to get used to it and “break it in”.   Mid summer I sent the slide off to be milled for an RMR and I’ve been shooting it in Carry Optics ever since.  Despite having other guns for other divisions,  I find myself continuing to shoot the CZ.  

 

The P10C’s trigger and ergonomics is what drew me to it.  I handled one at 2017 Iron Nats and was impressed.  I did a few things to mine that may or may not have been needed, but I like to tinker.  CGW striker, CGW’s fix for the striker rotation, CGW’s guiderod and recoil spring, HBi trigger, and Apex comp mag release.  And of course the RMR with co-witnessed  iron sights since this is a carry gun.  

 

I haven’t shot the P10F or even handled one, but based on my experience with the P10C I’m sure it’ll do just fine, especially if you have big hands.  Personally I’m waiting on the release of the P10S...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 2MoreChains said:

I have a P10C that I’ve been shooting for the better part of a year now.  I bought it to be a carry gun but shot it in Production for a few matches to get used to it and “break it in”.   Mid summer I sent the slide off to be milled for an RMR and I’ve been shooting it in Carry Optics ever since.  Despite having other guns for other divisions,  I find myself continuing to shoot the CZ.  

 

The P10C’s trigger and ergonomics is what drew me to it.  I handled one at 2017 Iron Nats and was impressed.  I did a few things to mine that may or may not have been needed, but I like to tinker.  CGW striker, CGW’s fix for the striker rotation, CGW’s guiderod and recoil spring, HBi trigger, and Apex comp mag release.  And of course the RMR with co-witnessed  iron sights since this is a carry gun.  

 

I haven’t shot the P10F or even handled one, but based on my experience with the P10C I’m sure it’ll do just fine, especially if you have big hands.  Personally I’m waiting on the release of the P10S...

 

I didn't buy the 10c but now after handling this 10F I'm thinking about it for a mid-size carry gun.  I'm thinking the 10F will be better for CO for the mag capacity.  I bought 2 extensions from HBI for $10 each that will get the mags to 21.  I'll have to measure them once I install them to see if a longer basepad will fit.  Springer or CZ Custom will likely do some to max out.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 2MoreChains said:

I have a P10C that I’ve been shooting for the better part of a year now.  I bought it to be a carry gun but shot it in Production for a few matches to get used to it and “break it in”.   Mid summer I sent the slide off to be milled for an RMR and I’ve been shooting it in Carry Optics ever since.  Despite having other guns for other divisions,  I find myself continuing to shoot the CZ.  

 

The P10C’s trigger and ergonomics is what drew me to it.  I handled one at 2017 Iron Nats and was impressed.  I did a few things to mine that may or may not have been needed, but I like to tinker.  CGW striker, CGW’s fix for the striker rotation, CGW’s guiderod and recoil spring, HBi trigger, and Apex comp mag release.  And of course the RMR with co-witnessed  iron sights since this is a carry gun.  

 

I haven’t shot the P10F or even handled one, but based on my experience with the P10C I’m sure it’ll do just fine, especially if you have big hands.  Personally I’m waiting on the release of the P10S...

Do you recall the weight of the CGW  recoil spring you installed? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, aandabooks said:

 

I didn't buy the 10c but now after handling this 10F I'm thinking about it for a mid-size carry gun.  I'm thinking the 10F will be better for CO for the mag capacity.  I bought 2 extensions from HBI for $10 each that will get the mags to 21.  I'll have to measure them once I install them to see if a longer basepad will fit.  Springer or CZ Custom will likely do some to max out.

 

 

Springer Precision makes a mag extension for the CZ P-09 (should be same mag as the P10F) that has a capacity of 23 rnds with a Grams follower/spring and fits the USPSA mag gauge (I measured).  I’m using it with my P10C, but I have to be careful not to reload to it if I am at slide lock since there’s nothing to prevent overinsertion and bending the ejector.  So typically my starter mag is the P-09 w/ SP basepad, then I reload to a P10C mag with the Shield Arms +5 extension (20 rnds). 

 

https://shop.springerprecision.com/Springer-Precision-CZ-P09-P07-P10C-EZ-140mm-base-pads-SP0316.htm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, bemanuel said:

Do you recall the weight of the CGW  recoil spring you installed? 

 

Started out using a 15 lb recoil spring, but after I added the RMR I needed the 18 lb spring for the gun to function 100%.  I suspect that was because the gun was refinished after slide milling and needed some “break-in”.  

 

Now that I’ve got 3K-ish rounds post-RMR milling, I may be able to revert back to the 15 lb RS, but the 18 seems to be working just fine so not going to mess with it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 2MoreChains said:

 

Started out using a 15 lb recoil spring, but after I added the RMR I needed the 18 lb spring for the gun to function 100%.  I suspect that was because the gun was refinished after slide milling and needed some “break-in”.  

 

Now that I’ve got 3K-ish rounds post-RMR milling, I may be able to revert back to the 15 lb RS, but the 18 seems to be working just fine so not going to mess with it.  

Thanks for the information.  Think I will try some tuning “after” I install red dot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried to buy a p10f a couple days ago but the dealer only had one and it was sloppy. The slide was so loose it rattled just looking at it. The mags did not drop free. They had to be pulled out with the weak hand. 

 

I plan on on buying one and seeing how they shoot but I’ll have to wait until I find a good example. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anything new here?

 

Somebody else tried a P10 F ? 

 

What about the quality issues? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They don’t seem to be very easy to find. I picked up a C but really would like to get an F to play in CO with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I grabbed an F last week. It's just okay.... at least with the Blazer brass 124 I ran through it. Snappy. Recoil spring is too damn heavy

 

Will hit the range again with my 130PF production load to see how it feels; but until someone offers a guide rod and spring, I don't think this one will get much play from me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, kind of surprising that aftermarket stuff is lagging as well as production seems to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Dirty_J said:

I grabbed an F last week. It's just okay.... at least with the Blazer brass 124 I ran through it. Snappy. Recoil spring is too damn heavy

 

Will hit the range again with my 130PF production load to see how it feels; but until someone offers a guide rod and spring, I don't think this one will get much play from me. 

 

Check with Cajun Gun Works to see if a P-09 guide rod would work.  The P-07 guide rod works perfect for the P-10C, unless the P-10F is a much different design I would think the P-09 guide rod would work just fine in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, dave33 said:

 

Check with Cajun Gun Works to see if a P-09 guide rod would work.  The P-07 guide rod works perfect for the P-10C, unless the P-10F is a much different design I would think the P-09 guide rod would work just fine in it.

I asked Primary Machine, who also makes P-series parts, and they said they'd offer one as more F's hit the street. So I'm thinking the 09 doesn't fit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I picked one up a few weeks ago. Only shot about 100 rounds through it. I guess I’m just stuck on the heavy DA/SA guns as I’m not a fan of the P10-F. It will likely end up on the trading block soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I picked one up a few weeks ago. Only shot about 100 rounds through it. I guess I’m just stuck on the heavy DA/SA guns as I’m not a fan of the P10-F. It will likely end up on the trading block soon. 


Interested

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI, a Gen3 G34 guide rod will fit these. I’m guessing the recoil springs would as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, B_Seehawer said:

FYI, a Gen3 G34 guide rod will fit these. I’m guessing the recoil springs would as well.

Good to know. Will give that a try 

Edited by Dirty_J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably just have to nip it back a little bit, might be a little long but the diameter at the base is the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2019 at 10:14 PM, Dirty_J said:

Good to know. Will give that a try 

Curious to know if you’ve had a chance to verify if Gen3 G34 guide rod will work in P10F?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, bemanuel said:

Curious to know if you’ve had a chance to verify if Gen3 G34 guide rod will work in P10F?

Haven't had the time to mess with it. Maybe this weekend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...