Top Posters In This Topic

Alright.

Base of guide rods
Glock .417
P10 .418

Guide rod diameter
Glock .227
P10 .235

ID of a Glock recoil spring is .246 so any Glock spring and guide rod will work in the P10’s. You’ll just have to trim them to length if you don’t want to wait for a CZ specific guide rod or spring.

NOW, the guide rod hole in the slide is a tad different. The Glock is .279 and the CZ is .295 so still pretty interchangeable.

On 1/12/2019 at 7:07 PM, 2MoreChains said:

Started out using a 15 lb recoil spring, but after I added the RMR I needed the 18 lb spring for the gun to function 100%.  I suspect that was because the gun was refinished after slide milling and needed some “break-in”.  

Now that I’ve got 3K-ish rounds post-RMR milling, I may be able to revert back to the 15 lb RS, but the 18 seems to be working just fine so not going to mess with it.  

What striker spring are you currently using with the HBI trigger? I tested both the 3 and the 3.5, and subjectively I feel like the 3.0 adds a ton of creep into the trigger. Maybe its just me. 

My CGW guide rod and 15/18# springs should be here tomorrow. Im assuming that the 15# should be ok for factory ammo (no RMR, ~135PF) but I guess ill have to play with it.

I have a P10F optics ready. I have not shot it in a match, but I have put about 300 rounds through it at the local square range.  Keep in mind that I normally shoot a P09, so I don't have any way to compare it to any of the nicer metal framed guns.  I am also a lowly C class, limited minor shooter, so my opinion could be suspect on all sorts of stuff.

I think the fit and finish is amazing, but I have only seen my own.

I tried 3 different bullet weights and they all shot fine.  The chamber is still kind of short.  124gr round nose blue bullets loaded at 1.12 don't seem to plunk and spin freely.

Accuracy seemed great shooting dots at 7 yards, and A zone at 15. That is as far as my local indoor range allows.

Trigger is ok.  4lbs 12oz in multiple tests.  If I pull really slow it has a little hitch in the short creep between the wall and the break.  That is probably just my gun and I don't notice it when shooting with any kind of speed.  I assume it will go away or I can polish it away.  It might be annoying on distant difficult shots.

The guide rod is shorter than a P09 and longer than a P07 at 3.4545 inches.  Mine is metal with a flared front to capture the spring, and what looks like a removable rear that takes a 5/64 hex key.  Spring diameter looks the same as OEM P09 and I use Glock 17 ISMI springs in that gun with no problems.

Magwell is pretty thin on the sides.  I think it might get chewed up pretty fast with reload practice.

Over all, I like it a lot.  I think it will be fun to try carry optics when they start selling the adapter plates.  Let me know if you have any other questions.

On 2/8/2019 at 7:03 AM, nick779 said:

What striker spring are you currently using with the HBI trigger? I tested both the 3 and the 3.5, and subjectively I feel like the 3.0 adds a ton of creep into the trigger. Maybe its just me. 

My CGW guide rod and 15/18# springs should be here tomorrow. Im assuming that the 15# should be ok for factory ammo (no RMR, ~135PF) but I guess ill have to play with it.

Initially I tried the 3 and 3.5 lb HBi striker springs.  Ran fine, gave me a sub 4 lb trigger pull with the lightest spring.  No creep that I recall.  

However when I switched to the CGW striker I started getting light strikes with CCI primers.  Thought it was sloppy primer seating at first, but I still got them occasionally even when I ensured I was seating them deep enough.  With Federal primers no issues.  However this gun does double duty as an EDC, so I went back to the stock striker spring and stopped getting light strikes.  4.5 lb trigger pull with decent wall and minimal creep.  

On 2/9/2019 at 7:50 PM, koteris said:

I have a P10F optics ready. I have not shot it in a match, but I have put about 300 rounds through it at the local square range.  Keep in mind that I normally shoot a P09, so I don't have any way to compare it to any of the nicer metal framed guns.  I am also a lowly C class, limited minor shooter, so my opinion could be suspect on all sorts of stuff.

I tried 3 different bullet weights and they all shot fine.  The chamber is still kind of short.  124gr round nose blue bullets loaded at 1.12 don't seem to plunk and spin freely.

Accuracy seemed great shooting dots at 7 yards, and A zone at 15. That is as far as my local indoor range allows.

Trigger is ok.  4lbs 12oz in multiple tests.  If I pull really slow it has a little hitch in the short creep between the wall and the break.  That is probably just my gun and I don't notice it when shooting with any kind of speed.  I assume it will go away or I can polish it away.  It might be annoying on distant difficult shots.

The guide rod is shorter than a P09 and longer than a P07 at 3.4545 inches.  Mine is metal with a flared front to capture the spring, and what looks like a removable rear that takes a 5/64 hex key.  Spring diameter looks the same as OEM P09 and I use Glock 17 ISMI springs in that gun with no problems.

Magwell is pretty thin on the sides.  I think it might get chewed up pretty fast with reload practice.

Over all, I like it a lot.  I think it will be fun to try carry optics when they start selling the adapter plates.  Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you for your review! Did you experience any snappyness? How does it behave in recoil?

That thin magwell sucks :(

2 hours ago, bimmer1980 said:

Thank you for your review! Did you experience any snappyness? How does it behave in recoil?

That thin magwell sucks :(

It seemed tiny bit snappier than my P09, but it also seemed like it settled faster....like maybe the slide is lighter but moving quicker?  I am also really used to the P09 grip shape, and might be dealing with the recoil better.  Anyway, I thought it behaved very nicely and I was able to follow the sights pretty well for my skill level.

I looked at the magwell a little closer.  It is just thinned out where they scalloped the outside of the grip to allow people to tear out a stuck magazine.

On 2/6/2019 at 5:32 PM, B_Seehawer said:

Alright.

Base of guide rods
Glock .417
P10 .418

Guide rod diameter
Glock .227
P10 .235

ID of a Glock recoil spring is .246 so any Glock spring and guide rod will work in the P10’s. You’ll just have to trim them to length if you don’t want to wait for a CZ specific guide rod or spring.

NOW, the guide rod hole in the slide is a tad different. The Glock is .279 and the CZ is .295 so still pretty interchangeable.

Great information, thanks!  I recently installed a stock guide rod with captured spring from a Gen 3 G34 in my P10F. It seemed a little short but seated well in the gun. I test fired 10 rounds to check function. No problems. Based upon this I ordered a guide rod and an uncaptured 15 lb spring that should arrive this week. Description indicates it will fit G17 and G34. I may have to trim length of guide rod  but do not expect to have any issues with function. I will post results once installed and test fired. 

BTW, I have now shot the gun in 4 USPSA matches with no issues. Gun runs flawlessly and I love it.  Recoil spring weight is a little heavy for my 130 power factor loads is why I’m going down this path. Also have a 13 lb recoil spring on the way assuming no issues with rhe guide rod and closer to factory 15 lb spring. 

Edited by bemanuel

On 2/9/2019 at 1:50 PM, koteris said:

Great review, thanks for the information. The plates are available in Europe just not in the US yet. Helps to have friends over there!

i started with 147 grain coated bullets but had to load to 1.075” to get them to plunk. Switched to 135 gr coated and can load to 1.125” with no issues. About 350 rounds down range so far with no issues with that bullet. 

Edited by bemanuel

On 2/9/2019 at 11:58 PM, 2MoreChains said:

Initially I tried the 3 and 3.5 lb HBi striker springs.  Ran fine, gave me a sub 4 lb trigger pull with the lightest spring.  No creep that I recall.  

However when I switched to the CGW striker I started getting light strikes with CCI primers.  Thought it was sloppy primer seating at first, but I still got them occasionally even when I ensured I was seating them deep enough.  With Federal primers no issues.  However this gun does double duty as an EDC, so I went back to the stock striker spring and stopped getting light strikes.  4.5 lb trigger pull with decent wall and minimal creep.  

FWIW I was reading another post testing the striker springs, their trigger weights and the measured striker "power" at full compression. The HBI 3.5 had ~7% more force than the factory spring at full compression. Might be worth checking out if you want.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2019 at 8:14 PM, bemanuel said:

Great information, thanks!  I recently installed a stock guide rod with captured spring from a Gen 3 G34 in my P10F. It seemed a little short but seated well in the gun. I test fired 10 rounds to check function. No problems. Based upon this I ordered a guide rod and an uncaptured 15 lb spring that should arrive this week. Description indicates it will fit G17 and G34. I may have to trim length of guide rod  but do not expect to have any issues with function. I will post results once installed and test fired. 

The G34 guiderod is slightly longer than the P10F?

Does anyone know if the P09 Guiderod will fit in the P10F?

Edited by blueorison

2 hours ago, koteris said:

OEM P09 on the left, OEM P10F on the right.

IMG_0783.JPG

Thank you!

Now I know it has to have it's own length of guiderod. Going to shoot the P10F OR with irons, this Sunday, weather holding. Factory trigger was a lot worse (gritty and chalky, and heavier) vs the P10C I tried. I just saw that CZCustom has milled FFIII/Vortex/Doctor plates for it.

I was really looking to the P10F to be the answer to my new primary pistol (plastic+striker), but sadly, the ergos arent as good as the P09, for me. I wanted it to replace my Glocks, which I tolerate but dislike the ergos, on. I wish they copied the classic CZ75/S1/S2/09 ergos.

I've been eagerly waiting for the P10F for two years.

Edited by blueorison
Sp

My P10c trigger was OK when I first got it but has cleaned up nicely with a little dryfire. I have an P10f that will arrive Friday, really looking forward to it.

CGW is doing my slide cuts so I’ll probably just see what the recommend for making the trigger a little nicer. I have no intention of going down the path of pushing limits.

6 minutes ago, B_Seehawer said:

My P10c trigger was OK when I first got it but has cleaned up nicely with a little dryfire. I have an P10f that will arrive Friday, really looking forward to it.

CGW is doing my slide cuts so I’ll probably just see what the recommend for making the trigger a little nicer. I have no intention of going down the path of pushing limits.

Thanks, please keep us updated on their response/work. I spoke to a CZ sponsored shooter and he said the HBi and the cgw aftermarket were close. Id prob go w the HBi; less parts.

Thanks, please keep us updated on their response/work. I spoke to a CZ sponsored shooter and he said the HBi and the cgw aftermarket were close. Id prob go w the HBi; less parts.

Way to make me second guess....

Lol, I’ll let you know what I do. The F will be the primary and the C will be the backup/carry gun until I score another F.

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 1:08 AM, eerw said:

Stock P10F with match load  130PF

P10F

You dont move back an Inch. Could you explain your stance (or is that grip?) to me? It seems that i´m to stupid to do that.  

Anthing new with the p10F ? How do you like it for CO? Still nowhere in sight in Germany :( 

Edited by bimmer1980

• 5 months later...