Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Consumer interest in a steel P320 X-Five grip module?

Rudukai13

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 1/11/2019 at 11:07 PM, Rudukai13 said:

You've tried it yourself?

No, but I have been a senior product development engineer for a global company for 28 years.

That, and nearly 40 years of working on firearms, does inform my opinion slightly.  

There are ways around the problem, but this is a nontrivial issue.

Edited by Archer

12 hours ago, JAFO said:

Your best bet is if Sig makes a run of the modules used for the commemorative TotUS M17.  Maybe not as shiny.

Those are aluminum- perhaps not worth the effort just for a (relatively) little extra mass.  Don’t forget, the polymer is one reason for the shooting characteristics of the platform.

Best bet is for Sig to do it themselves. It would likely push the price over the current X-Five up to about $1,400, give or take a hundred, which would align it well to compete with the Walther Q5 SF and Shadow 2.

Based on a couple of cryptic posts I've seen elsewhere, the above may not be so far fetched after all...

I had a hunch and went looking for any evidence that Daniel Horner might be using something new on his X-Five - Anyone else see something different (besides the color) about the grip module in this screenshot from a video on his social media, or am I losing it? Short dustcover, abnormal texturing...?

IMG_3460.PNG

14 hours ago, OPENB said:

Looks like an XCarry  grip with stippling. What else do you see?

Not sure. It's entirely possible it's just an X-Carry module with a magwell. Maybe he liked the M17 short dustcover aesthetic - That would explain the color of the gun too

17 hours ago, Rudukai13 said:

Not sure. It's entirely possible it's just an X-Carry module with a magwell. Maybe he liked the M17 short dustcover aesthetic - That would explain the color of the gun too

Wouldn’t an M17 have the ambi safeties or the cut outs where they should be?

1 hour ago, OPENB said:

Wouldn’t an M17 have the ambi safeties or the cut outs where they should be?

Yes, it's certainly not actually an M17 grip module. I was just referring to the short dustcover aesthetic. It's an X-Five, modified to appear similar to an M17 (short dustcover, FDE, etc)

3 hours ago, cjmill87 said:

Curious if there's any follow-up on this? 

Currently still trying to get confirmation, I've been combing YouTube/instagram/forums for any confirmation but haven't found any yet. I'm going based on comments from a member on another forum. As soon as I find anything more concrete I'll post it here

22 minutes ago, hitman_usmc said:

I went to their booth twice and never saw one, so I think it was just a rumor. 

It's starting to look that way. IF they had any on display at some point, nobody else has mentioned it, taken pictures or videos, or documented it in any manner

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 3:23 PM, theblacklabel18 said:

That’d be sweet. I’d probably max out at 500-600 for 4140 steel in dlc or something. Wouldn’t be production legal though, as the weight would add more than 2 oz of factory weight. If Sig made a steel one that’d be the winner of all things USPSA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My thoughts exactly. I'm not sure if I'd be as interested if it wasn't an OEM product that was USPSA Prod. legal.

The only way I'd be interested in a non-OEM aftermarket would be if SIG started making a .40 FCU for the X5 and I could run that in Lim. Major...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
My thoughts exactly. I'm not sure if I'd be as interested if it wasn't an OEM product that was USPSA Prod. legal.

The only way I'd be interested in a non-OEM aftermarket would be if SIG started making a .40 FCU for the X5 and I could run that in Lim. Major...

Talked to Phil at nationals, doesn’t look that promising as he was running a frankengun regular 320 in 40 with an x5 grip module. I’d like to see it though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk