Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G17 - Trigger Reset Issue

cferree

Charles, I have seen two different types of Zev strikers for the small frame Glocks. I use Wolff 4lb striker springs. Good to see you have the problem solved and you need to come out and shoot some CO with us next weekend. I am liking my Glock 17 CO setup alot. Thanks, Eric

A 150 round session today with a factory striker spring on a Zev striker ran great.  I'm shooting Limited and RFPO at a match on Sunday, so CO wasn't my focus.  It will be at next week's practice.

After re-reading DK's posts, I get how significant the geometry change trigger bar can be.  By bending it up, I not only moved the engagement point up, but it also moved forward.  This would cause the striker to go further back before being released.  In doing so, there would be more compression on the spring.  It could also bind the striker by forcing it to make contact with the top of the striker channel.  

Time will tell if the issue is resolved.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Hello: One thing to check is how free the striker moves inside the slide. I tried my new slide today and there was a burr inside near the breach face making the striker drag when installed and tested. I reamed it out and all is great now. This is on a Brownells RMR CO slide I just bought for a Glock 17. I still want to try a Zev setup but damn they are expensive. Thanks, Eric

• 2 years later...
On 1/25/2019 at 6:58 PM, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: One thing to check is how free the striker moves inside the slide. I tried my new slide today and there was a burr inside near the breach face making the striker drag when installed and tested. I reamed it out and all is great now. This is on a Brownells RMR CO slide I just bought for a Glock 17. I still want to try a Zev setup but damn they are expensive. Thanks, Eric

Hi Aircooled6racer I’m having the same issue on my Brownells slide I can tell there’s a burr I see my striker scratched up & doesn’t move freely How did u ream out the burr that far back in the striker channel 

Edited by Franky

12 hours ago, Franky said:

Hi Aircooled6racer I’m having the same issue on my Brownells slide I can tell there’s a burr I see my striker scratched up & doesn’t move freely How did u ream out the burr that far back in the striker channel 

https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/handgun-tools/hones-files/1911-polishing-system-prod649.aspx

the one for main spring housing.

• 2 weeks later...