Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

https://uspsa.org/viewer//18-09.pdf

Shot classifier 18-09 I Miss That Kind of Clarity yesterday in PCC...  Fun stage...  I shot 3 targets from the back fault line, then ran up while reloading  and shot the remaining 3 from the front fault line...  Did the reverse for the second string...  I underestimated how difficult it would be to run backwards and reload a rifle.

Scored a low 'B' percentage...  If I had it to do over again...  I would shoot the left and right targets on both sides and shoot the remaining target up front on the move...  Then reload and be pretty close to the other fault line by then...  for the final 3 targets.  I didn't do it this way yesterday because I thought the almost 180 degree transitions would be slower than just shooting all three in progression and running up.

Shows what I know but I had no idea that stage turned into a classifier. Cool!

I shot it the same way at the same match! Mag didn't drop free on the second reload, 73% Open. I thought that this was a really interesting classifier and a better test of skills than the typical "6 Reload 6" variant.

But, why is it VIRGINIA count? That was strange to me.

Only having shot it at Nats, I am 78% in L-10. And a "F" doesn't count 86% in Production. And a F again in CO at 80%.

4 hours ago, Balakay said:

I shot it the same way at the same match! Mag didn't drop free on the second reload, 73% Open. I thought that this was a really interesting classifier and a better test of skills than the typical "6 Reload 6" variant.

But, why is it VIRGINIA count? That was strange to me.

Small world!  It was a fun classifier...  I need to practice reloading on the move in PCC...  and adding another mag pouch to my PCC belt.

Most classifiers without steel are Virginia count...  Guess they don't want you to hose them.

1 hour ago, RaylanGivens said:

It was a fun classifier...  I need to practice reloading on the move in PCC... 

We shot it last month at a local match but not as a classifier (maybe not setup 100% to the WSB).  I've practiced a moving forward reload with a PCC but reloading and backing up?  Never tried it.

I ran 1st string engaging three targets and then reloaded as I moved forward. 

On the second string I shot the right target and two middle targets.  Then a reload, engaged the far left target and moved back.

Probably not the best way to do it.  Second string was just under 3 seconds slower than the 1st.

Shot this classifier last weekend.  Personally I like this kind of classifier more than the typical stand-and-shoot classifiers.  Biggest challenge for me was remembering which of the two middle targets to engage from either position.

I debated on how to shoot it.  Shoot all three from up range then move, or go left-right and shoot one of the middle ones on the move.    Ended up on String 1 shooting left then right and engaged one of the middle targets on the move, reload then left-middle-right.  On String 2, went left-middle-right, reload while retreating, then right-middle-left (with a slight pause on the middle array as my brain caught up and confirmed that I was shooting at the correct target...).  

To keep it simple on the middle array  I decided to always shoot the left one first and the right one after the reload.  

On the squad I was shooting on, one poor guy forgot the reload on String 1, another confused soul put 6 hits on the left middle and 2 on the right middle.  Bit of a brain teaser...  

Pcc- I shot first string 6.56, upper right target, back middle right target, Upper left target, running reload back middle left target, left target right target. Second string was reverse 7.16 

total of 13.72 A 17 C 5 D 2 73.03 percent 

On 1/8/2019 at 1:56 PM, 2MoreChains said:

Biggest challenge for me was remembering which of the two middle targets to engage from either position.

Yep, on my squad we also had two shooters with 6 shots on one middle target and 2 shots on the other. trickier than is seems.