Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Warren adjustable rear sight

TDF

Does anyone use this? The website says it is .350 tall, i was just wandering what front sight height would be best combination. Im not sure if the .350 would be at the bottom of the adjustment or at the top.

I run warrens on all my glocks but have never tried the adjustable rear.

For a .350 tall rear you would need at least a .330 tall front.  The .350 is with the sight all the way down. This may take a bit of experimenting depending on your load and how you view your sights. .330 will get you very close.

Edited by bowenbuilt

24 minutes ago, Eman said:

Have you tried the Dawson Precision adjustable rear sight? I run them on my g34 and g35 and it is a really high quality product. The rear face is serated to keep the sun from glaring or reflecting. 

I do have a dawson adjustable rear that i have tried. I really like the wider deeper notch though, I run the warren fixed sights on everything so i am used to the .150 notch.

Just for information, I contacted Warren and they told be they do not have the front sight that goes with their adjustable rear available yet. I believe it is coming soon.

Edited by TDF

5 hours ago, TDF said:

I do have a dawson adjustable rear that i have tried. I really like the wider deeper notch though, I run the warren fixed sights on everything so i am used to the .150 notch.

Thanks for telling me. I started with Dawson, but now you have me questioning the narrow notch they have. They have worked well so far, but now I’ll probly have to buy some warren’s to see if they give me a “competitive advantage” *sigh*

Ethan

8 minutes ago, Eman said:

Thanks for telling me. I started with Dawson, but now you have me questioning the narrow notch they have. They have worked well so far, but now I’ll probly have to buy some warren’s to see if they give me a “competitive advantage” *sigh*

Ethan

If you have never tried a wider notch like the warrens I highly recommend it. Dawson’s are very good sights also and some people like the smaller notch. I am pretty sure Dawson will make you a wider notch if you request it. 

• 2 weeks later...