Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

X5 Rumor?

mwin323

I keep hearing rumors that Sig is changing the optic cut to make it larger for accepting the Delta Point Pro, matching the M17. Does anyone have any actual knowledge on this or is it all just hearsay? I know I'm going to pick up an X5 soon for Carry Optics, but if they really are changing it I would much prefer to wait so I won't have to alter anything for the DDP.  Thanks!

7 hours ago, mich3210 said:

I called Sig on Friday, as I'm in a similar situation. I was told by the CS Rep that a change to the size of the cutout was NOT one of the changes that will be announced at SHOT Show. 

Well, that's too bad. Did they tell you anything about what they are announcing at Shot? Thanks for the info BTW!

Edited by mwin323

I was at the Pro Shop buying an X5 a week ago and I asked the guy there. He basically said "yeah, there are rumors about it but in typical Sig fashion we have no idea when it's coming". It would also leave the rear sight in place so you can co-witness AFAIK.

On 1/8/2019 at 9:59 AM, thormx538 said:

I was at the Pro Shop buying an X5 a week ago and I asked the guy there. He basically said "yeah, there are rumors about it but in typical Sig fashion we have no idea when it's coming". It would also leave the rear sight in place so you can co-witness AFAIK.

Interesting... It would make sense if the new Romeo 3 is a bigger footprint that they would cut the slide to fit it.

49 minutes ago, Shooter212 said:

So did anything change on the X5 they look the same. I am thinking about ordering one being they are going for 700 now days. 

I was in the same boat... I couldn't see where anything changed so I just ordered one on Monday. 

Guns Midwest had them for $689 plus $14.99 for shipping. I was limited on where I could get it though because I live in NY and am restricted to 10-round mags (which not everywhere sells that model).

BTW... I also picked up a Romeo1 6moa from Optics Planet for $221.09! They price matched a place called BallisticDeals.com. I actually got it cheaper through OP because they didn't charge me shipping.

On 1/16/2019 at 11:36 AM, Shooter212 said:

So did anything change on the X5 they look the same. I am thinking about ordering one being they are going for 700 now days. 

Yes, there is a revision 2 on the X5 indicating a slightly bigger optic cut to accommodate the (upcoming) RomeoT1 and DPP.  I can't imagine a regular Romeo won't fit as well.  Part number has the R2 reference.

Edited by Archer

3 hours ago, Archer said:

Yes, there is a revision 2 on the X5 indicating a slightly bigger optic cut to accommodate the (upcoming) RomeoT1 and DPP.  I can't imagine a regular Romeo won't fit as well.  Part number has the R2 reference.

Are you sure about that? How does R2 indicate those are the changes? 

I have run a DPPro, a gen1 DP, a Romeo1 3moa, and a Romeo1 6moa.  In the Romeo line the 6moa is a lot more effective for me, especially in bright daylight.

However, the delta reticle is FAR superior for me.  It is huge and easy to acquire, but has that amazing triangle tip for fine aiming.

If there is actually a hope for a larger cut to fit a DPPro, waiting may be worth it.  On the other hand, if that change from Sig is not in the cards, the Romeo1 6moa is still pretty good and is what is on my CO X5 right now.

On 1/18/2019 at 5:41 AM, alma said:

Max mentioned that his new optic is coming. Sounds like he at least has one for testing. Sounds like a Romeo3 but with the sizing of the RTS2. I wonder if it could fit. 

Interesting. I'm kind of torn now if I should still wait when I'm seeing great prices for the X5 out there now... Are you going to Shot Show Alma, or do you have any idea when we will know for sure about changes to the X5? Also, thank you! You are always a great resource for info and help with all things Sig!

On 1/18/2019 at 11:09 PM, CHLChris said:

I have run a DPPro, a gen1 DP, a Romeo1 3moa, and a Romeo1 6moa.  In the Romeo line the 6moa is a lot more effective for me, especially in bright daylight.

However, the delta reticle is FAR superior for me.  It is huge and easy to acquire, but has that amazing triangle tip for fine aiming.

If there is actually a hope for a larger cut to fit a DPPro, waiting may be worth it.  On the other hand, if that change from Sig is not in the cards, the Romeo1 6moa is still pretty good and is what is on my CO X5 right now.

When you ran the DDP, did you use the adapter plate or did you have the cut out opened to accept it directly?

On 1/16/2019 at 12:29 PM, mich3210 said:

I was in the same boat... I couldn't see where anything changed so I just ordered one on Monday. 

Guns Midwest had them for $689 plus $14.99 for shipping. I was limited on where I could get it though because I live in NY and am restricted to 10-round mags (which not everywhere sells that model).

BTW... I also picked up a Romeo1 6moa from Optics Planet for $221.09! They price matched a place called BallisticDeals.com. I actually got it cheaper through OP because they didn't charge me shipping.

That is awesome the price you picked it up for. I saw that too and am seriously debating picking up two, one for my wife and one for me. At that price I think it might be worth it not having the larger cut.

54 minutes ago, mwin323 said:

When you ran the DDP, did you use the adapter plate or did you have the cut out opened to accept it directly?

Oh, it was on an open gun with an SJC mount, not on an X5.  I was just talking about the reticles.

On my X5 I started with the 3moa Romeo1 and switched to the 6moa Romeo1 as soon as I heard about it being available.

Edited by CHLChris

1 hour ago, CHLChris said:

Oh, it was on an open gun with an SJC mount, not on an X5.  I was just talking about the reticles.

On my X5 I started with the 3moa Romeo1 and switched to the 6moa Romeo1 as soon as I heard about it being available.

Ah, makes sense! I really like the DPP but may just run the Romeo because it’s easy.

10 hours ago, mwin323 said:

Interesting. I'm kind of torn now if I should still wait when I'm seeing great prices for the X5 out there now... Are you going to Shot Show Alma, or do you have any idea when we will know for sure about changes to the X5? Also, thank you! You are always a great resource for info and help with all things Sig!

I'm not heading to Shot but I'm staying on top of coverage and should be able to figure out what SIG's plan is right now. It seems like it, or at least the terminology, changes frequently. In the new X-Compact SIG video Phil was saying that the longer optics plate accommodates the DPP or Romeo2, but yesterday he said Romeo1Pro instead of Romeo2.