Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm Winchester Black Talon

jdknotts1

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I was cleaning out my gun room and I've had a couple cases of 9mm 147gr Black Talon ammo. I know they are a novelty to some, a joke to others. 

But realistically how much could I get for an unopened case of this ammo? I've heard upwards of $5 a round, but would like to open this up to get some feedback before I list a case for sale. 

Thanks. 

IMG_5244.JPG

I don't have an answer to your question, but I wish I had a gun room so well stocked that I could lose a couple of cases of ammo and not realize it. :)

I've got some .44 Mag BT too, and plan on shooting it up this winter so I can use the brass.

If you had a table at a gun show, you could put out boxes, and there would be enough dull-witted foot traffic that you would sell some at stupidly high prices.  

Other than that, you are not likely to get enough eyes on it to sell outdated ammo for much of a premium. 

You could always hold onto it for another 20 years, then donate it to a museum, and take a $100,000 deduction on your taxes.  ;)

Edited by IDescribe

The black Talon was no more effective than any other conventional HP around at the same time. Todays HP technology far surpasses it so the Talon doesn't hold any special or reputable performance to highten interest in it for a self defense buy. So getting the carry ammo premium is probably not gonna work out. You'd have to sell it for the going price of general plinking rounds to move it. Of course it does hold the Media born Urban Legend of "teflon Armor piercing" capability, so you could fit that into a sales pitch for a little extra LOL!