Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Squadding Order?

matir

Is there a rule that specifies squadding order?  I don't see one, so curious how it's determined.  Is it up to the match organizers?  Decided within each squad?

Obviously, this question is before even my first match, just curious how it works.  :)

It is common curtesy to make sure new shooters are pushed down in the order so they get a chance to see the stage ran a couple times before their turn. Make sure you let your squad know it’s your first match so they can give you this chance.

On 1/6/2019 at 11:45 AM, matir said:

Is there a rule that specifies squadding order?  I don't see one, so curious how it's determined.  Is it up to the match organizers?  Decided within each squad?

Obviously, this question is before even my first match, just curious how it works.  :)

What I see most commonly are 

local (level 1) matches the squads almost always go with a random order for each stage (with new shooters run last) 

Level 2 and up matches (Sectionals, State,  Area, National) the squads pic a initial sort for the first stage (often alphabetical but not always) then stay in that order with the first shooter on stage 1 moving to the bottom for the next stage, so on stage 2 the second shooter from stage 1 is now first and the first shooter from stage 1 is last, this rotation continues through the match.

• 1 year later...

Level 1 matches, in my experience:

Sometimes Random. But usually drop 1 or drop 2 (so number two or three shooter shoots first on next stage, so on and so forth).

As has been said, new shooters should state that and they'll get bumped.

Sometimes we have to play with RO shooting order, too. Or someone shooting two divisions.

Edited by theautobahn
verbiage

• 3 months later...