Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Henning magwell fit?

hondakilla98

I just installed my Henning magwell. It doesn't line up exactly with the well on the gun. Is this normal? If so, do i adjust the bolt hole in the frame or the magwell of the frame?  My 2 new 170mm mags don't drop free when empty.

20190105_221151.jpg

20190105_170338_edit_1546755225333.jpg

20190105_173121.jpg

Edited by hondakilla98

I had that problem with both of my Henning Magwells. I ended up removing a good bit of material from the magwell to blend it to the frame. At some point I will refinish the magwell but, not really a big deal for me because that area gets scraped up anyway. I started with a couple of hand files and after that used several grits of sandpaper. I finished with 1500 grit.

Even with the blending some material had to be removed from the 170's to drop free.

It is very smooth now and all extended mags drop free without issue.

In place of refinishing you could also polish the entire inside of the magwell to remove all the black and will end up with a very shiny silver interior to your magwell. That route takes a good while and will require several passes with a dremel and blue magic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

a78f1a0fe8467d061b44e7b1a5bb1604.jpg

Maybe my solution was too complex but I wasn't excited about grinding on frames.  I took a quarter inch round piece of brass bar stock, turned it down to fit in the diameter of the hole in the frame where the screw goes through to hold the magwell, drilled the through hole (for the screw) to one side of the brass spacer so it would bias or pull the screw to the back and then the magwell fit great and mags drop free.  No grinding on guns and it's easy to work with brass.