Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

320 slide disassembly

terrydoc

Hi Guys

Have lost all tension on my extractor and am looking for a video of how to pull the slide apart and find out what is wrong also need to know what parts maybe required to sort out the issues.

Found Alma Cole's video's on youtube, Whatever has happened is preventing the button being depressed enough to remove the backplate.

Thanks

Terry

Edited by terrydoc

It takes a fair amount of pressure to depress the head of that pin. 

I use a roll pin punch as the small ball at the end fits into the recess in the pin and reduces slippage possibilities.

(No hammer necessary, just hand pressure!)

If it is truly locked up then that sounds like something is broken internally binding it up.

You might try working  in some light weight lubricant from the extractor end of the mechanism.

If it was just extremely dry in there that might help break things loose.

Edited by ddc
clarification

1 hour ago, terrydoc said:

Applied plenty of pressure with nothing happening, the extractor wiggles like a kids loose tooth, have sent it back to the importer who is in my city , hopefully they have the parts that maybe required.

There are four parts to that assembly: extractor, extractor pin, extractor spring, extractor spring pin.

The extractor pin transfers force from the extractor spring to the extractor. If that pin or the spring was broken/defective so that no force was applied then the extractor would wiggle like that.

I'm trying to visualize how anything broken in that area would prevent the extractor spring pin from being depressed. Perhaps if a small bit of spring broke off and is jammed between the spring pin and the channel it rides in....just guessing here...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...