Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Optic cuts on Stock 1s - Lim pros- who’s doing them and how is the work?

ArrDave

A buddy is looking at milking a stock 1- I know patriot does cuts - but I am looking for actual owners to chime in with their experience- how many rounds are you getting on your optic before failure. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ran 1 season with a dove tail mounted CO and one season with PD cut slide CO.

Vortex vipers would go 5-15,000 rounds. But a couple were fubar initially. Vortex VENOM  is too new to tell, but has about 7000 without issue.

I have called vortex on a monday about a problem and had a replacement ON THE GUN, that thursday.  That is good CS.

Sig R1 6moa was great for exactly 1200 rounds, then zero jumped 12 inches.  it was 2 MONTHS before a replacement was on the gun. I might have 1000 rounds on it. Not impressive CS. 

I've spoken to folks that run the DPP and it seems to be the most robust competition dot. RMR is probably better, but it's not really a good competition dot with a small window. (My opinion only)

The difficulty with DPP is the weight. A full oz more than most. So more mill work is needed to stay under 45 oz. It's mounting posts are also wider than the slide, so some special sause is needed to mount.

I have only had my hands on mine for a little bit so longevity I’m not sure of but the quality of the work is amazing.  I highly recommend [mention=60271]PatriotDefense[/mention].

3EC7DE7F-338D-434D-ABAD-C2F5D35D03F0.jpeg.ea5ae895e227d43f354fe79b730c123a.jpeg
97E58036-4879-4814-BCC1-9B2806BDD9DD.jpeg.71a6fee1b2275e269708d8b0de2a5cae.jpeg

What optic is that on the gun, and how many rounds do you have through it so far?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ran (and still do cause of the customer service) a Vortex Venom 6moa on my milled LimPro. It broke at 12K-13K rounds, but was perfect till it broke. Last two stages in a match I was shooting a lot of charlie/deltas and thought I ran out of gas and lost my concentration. When I was putting the gun up afterwards noticed it was broke. 

It took them a week to get it back to me. That was okay,,,

broke vortex.jpg