Kamkaze

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

I can’t wait to see one in the spring!

of 2032.

Definitely frustrating getting the test models and then having to wait so long before the production models release.  Supposedly with the new tooling and machines the upgraded to this time will be reduced.  Only time will tell.

5 hours ago, happygunner77 said:

Doesn't come in chrome?

This is a preproduction model so the final product might.  Just like the limpro preproduction was black but the production model is hard chrome.  IFG is definitely try to listen to customers and bring what the majority wants to market.

12 hours ago, johnbu said:

Ohhhhh,

Hmmmm,

Bull Barrel

Under Lug mount

Slide Cuts

Sniff Sniff?  What else ?

John I’m not allowed to disclose more but there are two models new for SHOT. Keep an eye on my FB and IFG’s FB and IG any more leaks will originate there.

Edited by Kamkaze

7 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

I can’t wait to see one in the spring!

of 2032.

2 hours ago, Kamkaze said:

Definitely frustrating getting the test models and then having to wait so long before the production models release.  Supposedly with the new tooling and machines the upgraded to this time will be reduced.  Only time will tell.

they waiting to end of ww3😉

20 hours ago, Kamkaze said:

I'm confused, on the IFG site it looks like they are going to be resume importing the Limited Pro again by the gun they have pictured (albeit at what I assume would be a higher pricepoint than EAA based on IFG's initial offering) but your comment here makes it appear they are developing a new variant and calling it a Limited Pro.

12 hours ago, FALAR said:

I'm confused, on the IFG site it looks like they are going to be resume importing the Limited Pro again by the gun they have pictured (albeit at what I assume would be a higher pricepoint than EAA based on IFG's initial offering) but your comment here makes it appear they are developing a new variant and calling it a Limited Pro.

Sorry for the confusion no the old limpro is being imported by Ifg and is already in country ready to head out to distributors.  This post is about new models that Ifg is planning to bring in.

17 hours ago, DesertTortoise said:

Is tanfoglio making guns to IFG's specifications/requests or is IFG simply importing off the current catalog ?

Somewhat to requests but within certain guidelines that I’m not fully privy to.

Good to hear, sounds like IFG is looking to really get more into Tanfoglios then.

Seems like a strange arrangement to have 2 different importers stateside, I've often wondered why Tanfoglio was averse to establish operations in the US with our market for guns being so large.  It would be nice to have full access to the entire catalog (along with perhaps unique items based on feedback from a US subsidiary) as well as cutting out a middleman that just increases the price.  There are already so many middlemen since it goes mfgr--->importer--->distributor---->dealer.

Since for whatever reason they don't want to do that and EAA has a not so great reputation for CS I am very interested to see how IFG's foray pans out.

1 hour ago, FALAR said:

Good to hear, sounds like IFG is looking to really get more into Tanfoglios then.

Seems like a strange arrangement to have 2 different importers stateside, I've often wondered why Tanfoglio was averse to establish operations in the US with our market for guns being so large.  It would be nice to have full access to the entire catalog (along with perhaps unique items based on feedback from a US subsidiary) as well as cutting out a middleman that just increases the price.  There are already so many middlemen since it goes mfgr--->importer--->distributor---->dealer.

Since for whatever reason they don't want to do that and EAA has a not so great reputation for CS I am very interested to see how IFG's foray pans out.

Part of the reason IFG is being allowed to import some is because of the success and reputation of great customer service they have with Pedersoli, Sabatti and FAIR.  They have done well with what has been allowed up to this point so Mossimo is allowing them to expand their lineup.

I'd like to see a 4.1 inch steel frame Tanfo that can be run in the IDPA CCP division. The weight limit is 37 oz, in that division, so that may be hard to meet in a steel frame gun. However, the CCP division was designed around the Wilson Combat 4.1 inch 9mm 1911. Bull barrels are allowed in that division.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, srrch said:

I'd like to see a 4.1 inch steel frame Tanfo that can be run in the IDPA CCP division. The weight limit is 37 oz, in that division, so that may be hard to meet in a steel frame gun. However, the CCP division was designed around the Wilson Combat 4.1 inch 9mm 1911. Bull barrels are allowed in that division.

What are the specific requirements for ccp?

I'm diggin that! Thanks for posting.

P.S. For you Millennials, that means I'm groovin what I'm seeing. If I have some spare bread I may get it.

P.P.S. The other day I used the expression "You can't beat that with a stick" in a my local gun shop and a Millennial started to laugh and joked about what the hell does that old timer crap mean.

What are the specific requirements for ccp?

1. 8 rounds max in mag

2. Be semi-automatic.(1. Double action, double action only, striker fired, or single action)
3. Use 9 mm (9x19) or larger cartridges.
4. Barrel length 4 3/8" or less.
5. The unloaded firearm with the heaviest magazine must weigh 38.00 oz. or less.
6. The firearm with the largest magazine inserted must fit in the IDPA gun test box measuring 7 ¾” x 5 3/8” x 1
3/8”.
7. Heavy or cone style barrels on firearms with barrel lengths of 4.25” or less.