Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Lim Pro's have landed

johnbu

Sorry, I went back to plastic gun land where $600 seems like a lot of money again. [emoji23]

I just bought a 5” PPQ with an Apex trigger, sights, recoil spring and five mags... for $475. 

And it ran with a 3lb trigger the first time I picked it up! Without a week of fitting and dremeling!

Twenty six ounces sure is light, though. You actually have to grip it hard... [emoji6] 

It's interesting to watch Q5 SF at about the same weight with Lim Pro selling for $1400 a piece. Better CO adaptability, sure but the dots sit much higher. Easier to get 3lbs trigger, ok but no where close to CZ like SA. Adding Apex trigger? Well, more $$$.

Have a solid gunsmith make reliable 100% WSP ignition 5lbs DA 2lbs silky SA, and cut ready for CO with much lower dot position. All that on top of a brand new Lim Pro will cost...$1300 top.

I think ppls are missing the real gems amidst the new steel striker hypes.

Sent from my LG-h910 using Tapatalk

Oh I totally agree there. I haven’t got much interest in the steel Q5. Plastic one runs great as it is.

Totally agree on dot height too. My carryoptics walther is milled so deeply you can see the firing pin with the dot removed. Runs great, and the window is where the irons should be for a much easier transition... but the machinist couldn’t have cut an optics-ready one as deeply. The mounting plate system prohibits it.

CDCDA95C-62EB-43D4-A52E-CDD01A7038A9.thumb.jpeg.5a4c0ae5fa8616ebcfbbae9c91b46313.jpeg

4 hours ago, Dazhi said:

It's interesting to watch Q5 SF at about the same weight with Lim Pro selling for $1400 a piece. Better CO adaptability, sure but the dots sit much higher. Easier to get 3lbs trigger, ok but no where close to CZ like SA. Adding Apex trigger? Well, more $$$.

Have a solid gunsmith make reliable 100% WSP ignition 5lbs DA 2lbs silky SA, and cut ready for CO with much lower dot position. All that on top of a brand new Lim Pro will cost...$1300 top.

What  gun smith you getting to do all that? Quotes I’ve gotten are much higher for tuned Tanfo work without including optics cut.

9 hours ago, Dazhi said:

Ummm, no.  You are talking base price + $600-$800...unless you are getting a killer deal on milling or smithing or both.  

Agreed. I have almost $400 into the PPQ slide, above. $100-150 to mill for optic, and the rest for the unique slide windows he had to cut manually w/o a CNC.

There’s no way you’ll find a smith to mill for optic and then spend another full day fitting tuning and polishing the Tanfo internals for $300 or less.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

10 hours ago, Localizer said:

Ummm, no.  You are talking base price + $600-$800...unless you are getting a killer deal on milling or smithing or both.  

Jim Bodkin did my first production gun for $300.  It's in 2016 so maybe the price has gone up?

PD cut for CO is $140.

$820 + $300 + $140 + tax?

15 hours ago, PokerNGuns said:

What  gun smith you getting to do all that? Quotes I’ve gotten are much higher for tuned Tanfo work without including optics cut.

I do my own trigger jobs on all my Tanfos now days, but if I am looking for solid gunsmith on Tanfo work, I will email benstoeger@gmail.com and ask him who did the work on a dozen of his Stock 2s.  I don't know who or how much these days, but at least you will be getting the same trigger job as the world champion.

Edited by Dazhi

3 hours ago, Dazhi said:

I do my own trigger jobs on all my Tanfos now days, but if I am looking for solid gunsmith on Tanfo work, I will email benstoeger@gmail.com and ask him who did the work on a dozen of his Stock 2s.  I don't know who or how much these days, but at least you will be getting the same trigger job as the world champion.

I believe it was

Derek Guthrie of Practically Perfect Performance that did Mr. Stoeger's guns. Not sure.

I do my own, but Joe at PD would be my choice .  however... unlike a few years ago, there are now a number of excellent tanfo knowledgeable gunsmiths.

Derek is a good guy, great shooter, with some very nice Tanfo's.  His triggers are as good as anything I have ever been able to handle. I would certainly talk with him at least to see about pricing/wait times if you are looking for a professional gunsmith. 

Edited by billthemarine2862