Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Lim Pro's have landed

johnbu

6 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

@Localizer yes. These will be available to take both CZ size skinny mags, and fat Stock II mags. And should be legal for that other dirty sport.

Thanks @MemphisMechanic.  @PatriotDefense Will have these starting next week for about $900...MSRP is $950.

is this really THAT much better than the stock 1 (a purpose built gun for USPSA& IDPA)? 

Which of these pistols will feel more like the tuned Stock 3 I just ordered and hence be a real backup gun? 

I know the answer is “another tuned stock 3”.

I'll be honest......if IFG starts doing small frame Stock II/III I'd probably get those even though I've already got the EAA versions.

Something about that relieved lug..........

Edited by FALAR

10 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

@Localizer the Stock1 with it’s full length dustcover will balance more like a S3.

But the Limpro (while way lighter up front) has fhe exact same grip frame you’re used to. I find that to be more important, personally.

Having never seen a "small frame" Tanfoglio I can only go by what I've read online.  I've seen reports that small frame or large frame the outer dimensions are the same, the internal dimensions in the magwell are what change (along with the ejection port).

So do the small frame Tanfoglios feel more like a CZ?

5 minutes ago, FALAR said:

I've seen reports that small frame or large frame the outer dimensions are the same.

5 minutes ago, FALAR said:

So do the small frame Tanfoglios feel more like a CZ?

Given quote one, why would we expect them to feel like anything other than a large Tanfo?

(I’ve never seen a small Tanfo in person either.)

26 minutes ago, FALAR said:

But for some reason when I posted I thought you made reference to only the LF would feel the same.

I did say that: the stock 1 has different checkering, and it has finger grooves. I have no idea what it feels like in the hand; if that matters or not.

But I do know that Lim Pro and Stock II & III grips are identical. And I’ve shot all of those personally.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

58 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

@Localizer the Stock1 with it’s full length dustcover will balance more like a S3.

But the Limpro (while way lighter up front) has fhe exact same grip frame you’re used to. I find that to be more important, personally.

How do the Stock 1 & 3 balance? Nose heavy? Rear heavy? What about the lim pro?

So the grip, not balance is most important.

i presume the trigger pull, sight picture & manipulation will be the same?

Edited by Localizer

15 minutes ago, Localizer said:

How do the Stock 1 & 3 balance? Nose heavy? Rear heavy? What about the lim pro?

Some people freak out about the Stock III being nose heavy. I like their weight and balance; most prefer the II and Lim Pro, but CZ copied the SIII when making the Shadow 2 and it’s quite popular.

It doesn’t matter very much really. Grab one and shoot.

So the grip, not balance is most important.

I don’t know. I was offering both alternatives, not absolutes.

i presume the trigger pull, sight picture & manipulation will be the same?

If you’ve set them up the same then yes, identical for all DA/SA models.

Damn that small frame price....good!

EDIT:  Oh man, the pics are working now.  Very nice.  Am I alone in thinking it looks sick in black?  Imagine a Tanfoglio with a quality Nitrocarburizing job, like Severn's hard hat.

I just spent 1100 with them and sent them two guns to work on so unfortunately I won't be buying any time soon.  I really prefer the full dustcover but this has my interest now.

Tough decision though---if you already have a large frame, another large frame keeps your mags the same.  But if you're buying it in 9mm you can get a small frame with the right sized ejection port, full third lug, and mags without spacers in them.  In other words, the "correct" gun for the caliber.

Edited by FALAR

1 hour ago, FALAR said:

But if you're buying it in 9mm you can get a small frame with the right sized ejection port, full third lug, and mags without spacers in them.  In other words, the "correct" gun for the caliber.

I never knew this

Sorry, I went back to plastic gun land where $600 seems like a lot of money again. 😂

I just bought a 5” PPQ with an Apex trigger, sights, recoil spring and five mags... for $475. 

And it ran with a 3lb trigger the first time I picked it up! Without a week of fitting and dremeling!

Twenty six ounces sure is light, though. You actually have to grip it hard... ;) 

Edited by MemphisMechanic

3 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

I just bought a 5” PPQ with an Apex trigger, sights, recoil spring and five mags... for $475.  

Hard chrome plate ....

Yeah, i know,   but its all i got.  i started with a tanfo, still using it.