Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Opening/closing ports during make ready

happygunner77

Sorry I read the make ready but I heard are you ready in my head, LOL.

He said he was looking to see if he should open it with his hand or muzzle, I’m thinking he meant after the beep. 

Should have figured that out during walk through

4 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Maybe I missed the point of the OP. I thought the issue was a shooter standing in front of a closed port and at make ready he just opened it so he wouldn’t have to after the beep? 

Oops I missed that one also.  got To be ok

47 minutes ago, gmantwo said:

Sorry I read the make ready but I heard are you ready in my head, LOL.

He said he was looking to see if he should open it with his hand or muzzle, I’m thinking he meant after the beep. 

Should have figured that out during walk through

I figured out the weak hand but I can't draw the gun during walkthrough so I compared which was faster for me to get a good grip. 

48 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Maybe I missed the point of the OP. I thought the issue was a shooter standing in front of a closed port and at make ready he just opened it so he wouldn’t have to after the beep? 

No. It was a trial on my part if it was worth using the muzzle/dust cover to open the port vs using weak hand in opening. But I closed the port back before the beep. 

6 hours ago, Joe4d said:

Bit off topic,, but be careful with that, seen more than one trip to Dairy Queen for sweeping the weak hand when using it to open port at same time as drawing,  Id probably wack with weak hand THEN Draw.. Im not much for beating things with my muzzle.

It's been fine on either but at this stage, the port was on my weak hand. I end up using the muzzle to open the port as I have my grip all ready. 

Thanks for responding guys.