Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where are the 6# Recoil Springs ??

emjei

On 1/6/2019 at 9:58 AM, emjei said:

Just got 2 from Patriot Defense.....lets the experimenting starts

Film the gun from the side (with some visual reference points). Shoot 6-10 rounds at 5-7 yds as fast as you can AND as fast as you can hit A zone. May be different for some. Compare muzzle raise, slide-slam dip and time for each string with each spring weight. 

I got faster splits, less raise, less dip and higher hit factor as i dropped spring weight. 6# with 2 coils cut on a slide ride CO gave me the least motion and highest HF. 

As they say, YMMV. 

On 1/19/2019 at 4:52 PM, Craig0ry said:

Iam currently running a 7lb spring in a stock 3 9mm Small frame, still in the testing phase. I have 6,7,8,10 and stock to mess around with, shooting light 147gr loads 

I ran an 8lb on my S2X and ended up moving up to a 9lb. I was having some FTRB every now and then with the 8lb, and I cant see the gun running any better with anything lighter than that. Im just trying to figure out how yall get them to run reliably with such light springs!

10 hours ago, BigAm said:

I ran an 8lb on my S2X and ended up moving up to a 9lb. I was having some FTRB every now and then with the 8lb, and I cant see the gun running any better with anything lighter than that. Im just trying to figure out how yall get them to run reliably with such light springs!

Polished the rails in frame and slide.

On 1/25/2019 at 9:16 AM, BigAm said:

Ran 50 rounds through it last Tuesday at a practical night, not one hiccup with the 7lb spring, ran and felt awesome. I have polished my rails, not to a mirror but wayyyy better than factory.

12 minutes ago, Craig0ry said:

Ran 50 rounds through it last Tuesday at a practical night, not one hiccup with the 7lb spring, ran and felt awesome. I have polished my rails, not to a mirror but wayyyy better than factory.

I need to give it a try sometime. I feel like Im so used to the 9lb spring now It would be hard to go back. I like how quickly the slide closes, but it doesn't seem to over return for me.

So much tweeking that can be done!

6 hours ago, BigAm said:

I need to give it a try sometime. I feel like Im so used to the 9lb spring now It would be hard to go back. I like how quickly the slide closes, but it doesn't seem to over return for me.

So much tweeking that can be done!

I'm old, slow and not very experienced, but here's a vid showing the 6# recoil spring with 130 pf 135grain bullets.