Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC Safety Flag

nuidad

6 minutes ago, nuidad said:

Other than when under the direction of an RO,  can a PCC be transported anywhere at a USPSA Match without a safety flag ?  What if it's in a case or sleeve?

CZ is right...

and I’ll add... rule 5.2.1.4 says if found without an RO will take you to a safe area and take appropriate corrective action...

just always leave the flag in it, even in the bag. or in your car to and from the match. not shooting? then flag in. done. heck, i bet if i opened the safe i have two guns in the safe with flags in them hahaha. just grab and go for the match.

The answers above are correct. Not a DQ if caught without one, just the inconvenience of being frog-marched to the Safety Area. The flag rules may seen excessive to some, but they were presumably necessary as a concession to the "OMG-rifle-in-a-pistol-match" crowd. The greatest resistance I have seen has actually been from 3-gunners who are used to handling long guns without flags... it took a long time for the griping to subside after we implemented them in our multigun matches. :roflol:

4 hours ago, StealthyBlagga said:

The greatest resistance I have seen has actually been from 3-gunners who are used to handling long guns without flags... it took a long time for the griping to subside after we implemented them in our multigun matches. :roflol:

all the 3 (and 2) gun matches i've done, all longs guns are always flagged.  not sure why anyone would gripe, flagging a long gun (including pcc) couldn't be any easier and is an excellent way for everyone to see it has been rendered inert.

37 minutes ago, davsco said:

all the 3 (and 2) gun matches i've done, all longs guns are always flagged.  not sure why anyone would gripe, flagging a long gun (including pcc) couldn't be any easier and is an excellent way for everyone to see it has been rendered inert.

Agreed, but flags are a relatively new phenomenon for many events and old-timers hate change. They are getting used to it now.