Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 48

9X23Guy

Basically a single stack 19. 

Shootability, having a full 19 length grip with a skinny slide, therefore light slide, will probably shoot very well recoil wise. 

Its thin, if you carry a 19 already this will conceal better although you give up rounds. Not really a big deal. I'm all about being prepared but having common sense has kept me out of more danger than having a gun. If you have small hands this will have a shorter LOP to the trigger because of the thinner grip. 

If you live in a not free state this would be a good option instead of the 19.

It has front cocking serrations as every handgun ever made should have.

Its silver PVD, ok. The only thing I think they missed the mark on was not having an attachment point for small lights on the rail. 

Thoughts?

Edited by 9X23Guy

1 hour ago, 9X23Guy said:

Glock sent out emails today, several YouTube videos up already too.

Yeah I found it buried in the junk box.  Eh well lol I am surprised they released them prior to Shot Show.  Maybe they have something else up their sleeve for Shot Show. 

• 1 year later...

I bought a Glock 48 for concealed carry. I have left it in factory configuration as I wanted to see how well it shot right out of the box. My first impression: was how well it fit (my hand), the grip is the right size and length of pull is perfect. I really like the beaver tail too. The trigger was a bit weighty (6 lb) but after 100 rds and some dry firing it settled down to  5-5.5  lbs.  Shooting: the gun is easy, as it has very mild muzzle rise.  Recoil really never registered unless I purposely focused on it. Even when I shot it using only one hand the muzzle rise was controlled. It’s not a .22 lr but it’s a relatively flat shooter.  The downside: to the Glock 48 is the front sight. I was shooting good groups out to 15 yards but then that big white dot got in the way on targets placed at 20-30 yards. Concealing: the gun is easily done as it is of compact stature. I like the gun, it fits me and serves its purpose well.

Cheers.

3 hours ago, DPA said:

The downside: to the Glock 48 is the front sight. I was shooting good groups out to 15 yards but then that big white dot got in the way on targets placed at 20-30 yards.

I changed the sights on my 48 before I ever fired the gun.  I usually prefer Sevigny Competition sights on Glocks, but I went with a plain black Dawson rear and an Ameriglo tritium .125 width front on my 48 (GL112T).  The Dawson had three options for notch width.  I got the widest one (can't remember the exact dimensions).  I'm not a fan of Dawson front sights for Glocks because they usually have a "shelf" (for lack of a better description) on the bottom of the sight that is sometimes visible in the sight picture with shorter front sights (that the smaller Glocks usually require).  The Ameriglo is just a simple post.  

https://dawsonprecision.com/dawson-precision-glock-42-43-fixed-carry-rear-sights/

https://ameriglo.com/collections/products/glock-classic-tritium-fronts

12 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

I changed the sights on my 48 before I ever fired the gun.  I usually prefer Sevigny Competition sights on Glocks, but I went with a plain black Dawson rear and an Ameriglo tritium .125 width front on my 48 (GL112T).  The Dawson had three options for notch width.  I got the widest one (can't remember the exact dimensions).  I'm not a fan of Dawson front sights for Glocks because they usually have a "shelf" (for lack of a better description) on the bottom of the sight that is sometimes visible in the sight picture with shorter front sights (that the smaller Glocks usually require).  The Ameriglo is just a simple post.  

https://dawsonprecision.com/dawson-precision-glock-42-43-fixed-carry-rear-sights/

https://ameriglo.com/collections/products/glock-classic-tritium-fronts

Yeah, I’ve been trying to decide between Dawson fiber optic or something else. I have Dawson sights on my 3 gun pistols and I’m happy with them. This gun has a different purpose so I might put some type of low profile night sights on them. I’m signed up for a match tomorrow night under the lights, maybe white dot will be adequate. 🤞

6 minutes ago, DPA said:

Yeah, I’ve been trying to decide between Dawson fiber optic or something else. I have Dawson sights on my 3 gun pistols and I’m happy with them. This gun has a different purpose so I might put some type of low profile night sights on them. I’m signed up for a match tomorrow night under the lights, maybe white dot will be adequate. 🤞

Fiber optic will allow for a thinner front sight and and a different sight picture.  I wanted a tritium front and .125 is as thin as tritium gets.  The sight picture changes with the same sights on different length slides.  The farther away the front sight is, the thinner it appears. A .125 front on a G24 may not look too big, but the same .125 on a G26 may look wide.  A wider rear notch on the smaller guns mitigates some of this.  Some consider fiber optic on a carry gun a dealbreaker.  I prefer a tritium front, but I don't think they are a must-have item.  Plain black rears are the only way to go, IMHO.