Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
UpYoursPal

How did you do at your first match?

3 minutes ago, AverageJoeShooting said:

my first match was today and i placed 98th out of 104...a little disheartening but it shows me how much further i have to go

Don’t be. I didn’t even know how far down the list I ended up. I was just happy to go home safely after I slipped and fell with a loaded pistol. I’m glad I got that out of the way early 😆.

I remember my first match , DQed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Same for me back in October lol. Second stage, I was the second shooter, and tried to make ready while facing uprange because it was an uprange start

I shot my first match and placed second in Production Division...granted there were only two folks (including myself) in that division but it sounds a lot better than saying I placed last!

My first match was a classifier match, so of course I tanked it (6 classifier stages). 😕

It took me over a year to climb out of the bad classifier hole I was in. 🙄

I started shooting USPSA three years ago and did very well for my first match.  On my first match I shot Limited with a Glock 35.  Before shooting my first USPSA match I shot IDPA for about 8 years and had an expert ranking in three different divisions.  I still shoot IDPA but like USPSA much better. 

74.76% overall-13th 

79% in pcc-2nd 

I just show my first two matches.  I took a DQ on my very first match.  I played it safe on my second match and made it through, scores were rough, but I am hooked now!

My first match was scored on paper before we had nice records kept on Practiscore.  But I like to keep my own records though to show how [little] I'm improving.

It was the last weekend of July at Rio Salado, 2009 with the Hosemasters group.  I was shooting Production with a CZ pre-B I had picked up at a gun show for $400; my second center fire pistol ever.

I came in 68 of 75 overall at 27.8%. Dead last in my division of 18 shooters at 30%.  We also shot a classifier that morning, 99-08 which I earned a HF of 3.63.  This was under the old High Hit Factors so it earned me 45% for a C.  Today that'd be a 38.6% classifier for a D.

I did surprisingly well for my first match. I was 13/29 in limited at 44% of a good M class shooter. I was happy with it.