Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm Major Overtakes 38SC--Optics Nats Equipment Survey

Gooldylocks

14 minutes ago, Gooldylocks said:

And you can still buy new 10mm guns, doesn't mean it isn't a defunct market in day to day terms.

How many boxes of 38 Super(let alone comp) do you think a retailer like sportsmans sells in one day of operation, compared to 10mm? How about 10mm compared to 40? Compared to 9mm?

Coffin, meet nail.

doesn't 't look like sportsmans sells 38 super at all

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Fo0 said:

Try finding 9 major at any store. If you do find it it will probably be next to the 38 Super comp.

9 is just more versatile since you can shoot steel or 3gun at minor pf and not have to worry about scrounging all of your brass. 

Nobody is debating that 9mm is cheaper to shoot.

Also there are crappy open guns no matter what the caliber...

But when GMs that don’t pay for their brass or guns start using 9mm, that tells the story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

38 minutes ago, Fo0 said:

And if they did it still wouldn’t make major PF. Off the shelf 38super is really only 9mm with a few extra ++ after +P

38 minutes ago, dvc4you said:

But when GMs that don’t pay for their brass or guns start using 9mm, that tells the story.

I know a GM who is also a gunsmith, and he switched to 9mm both in shooting and building, years ago.  I had his 9mm gun and it was 100% reliable. 

7 hours ago, Maximis228 said:

Someone better tell SV... 🤣

They know. They still build many 9mm IMM blasters. It’s a total marketing scheme and it works as people call and beg for them weekly and pay whatever it takes. 

On 1/2/2019 at 3:53 PM, Hi-Power Jack said:

Was it just a fantastic dream ?,   or    did someone mention here a few weeks ago,

that Rob Leatham said 9mm is the way to go ???

Pinch me.     :) 

Out of curiosity, do you have a source for this? Would like to read TGO's thoughts on the subject.

3 hours ago, Posvar said:

They know. They still build many 9mm IMM blasters. It’s a total marketing scheme and it works as people call and beg for them weekly and pay whatever it takes. 

Is this for real?  What is the  9mm premium or is this fake news?

Y’all gonna feel stupid when 380 Major blows 9 Major out of the water.

The 10mm vs 40 thing is the dumbest comparison I’ve ever heard. If thousands of police ranges gave 10mm brass away by the bucketload, 10mm would be the perfect Limited/SS preference.

41 minutes ago, Balakay said:

Is this for real?  What is the  9mm premium or is this fake news?

Now you are gonna call aren’t you? True or not in the method/delivery they are still building them. :)

Edited by Posvar

Y’all gonna feel stupid when 380 Major blows 9 Major out of the water.

The 10mm vs 40 thing is the dumbest comparison I’ve ever heard. If thousands of police ranges gave 10mm brass away by the bucketload, 10mm would be the perfect Limited/SS preference.
That's the point 10mm is dumb because 40 does the job plenty good enough with cheep brass. Oddly just like 9mm does in open. Just in limited nobody thinks its dumb to use 40.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Its common Knowledge SV will let you bump up in line for $1000. Same goes for 9 major. They will make it for another $1000. Brandon will also not guarantee it will run... Ask the few guys that have done that recently. SV seems to be the one place that cant make a running 9 major gun.

Just now, Maximis228 said:

Its common Knowledge SV will let you bump up in line for $1000. Same goes for 9 major. They will make it for another $1000. 

You are ignorant. I have bought several SVs and I offered to pay extra each time for them to just build it and the won’t do it. My 9 was cheaper than all the supercomp builds. 

I think what a lot of it comes down to is that so many 38 shooters think their guns are flatter and softer than a 9mm, because of the higher charge weight. But if you use slow powder in 9mm similar to what you would in a 38, then all of the sudden your 9mm feels great.

I'm loading 9 grains of HS6. I have buddies loading 10.5 grains of AA7, or 9.5ish of 3n38. Use slow powder, and your 9mm will feel just as good.