• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

54 minutes ago, RJH said:

I do wish they would have an option for a paper copy

+10,000

Maybe if I belonged to the club I could at least get to vote on things like this that effect us all, oh, wait, never mind. 

Review reminded me, do you folks tightly police "hands and arms naturally at sides" ?

Wait??!? So now it is USFSA instead of USPSA??!? 🙄

overview quote - “Firearm” replaces handgun and PCC in the rules, except in specific instances where the word handgun or PCC is required for clarity and specificity.

1 hour ago, Intel6 said:

Nope,  mine is on a BOSS, just need to move the screws.

That's all I did when I went to Jamaica for the Pan Ams.  Even though race holsters are legal in IPSC Classic, it's much easier to drop down a few holes on the BOSS.

I think there are still some problem-areas in the new rules.  The fault line stuff got changed around enough that it's not clear that a raised plank is legal as a shooting area unless it has 3/4" fault lines nailed to the edges which seems like even more of a safety hazard.  By making the 'recommendation' of 1.5" fault lines, but the actual rule 3/4", we're going to see 3/4" fault lines where taller ones would be far more appropriate and more getting buried during the match.

2 minutes ago, pete627 said:

Wait??!? So now it is USFSA instead of USPSA??!? 🙄

overview quote - “Firearm” replaces handgun and PCC in the rules, except in specific instances where the word handgun or PCC is required for clarity and specificity.

When did the P change from Practical?   I missed that.

1 minute ago, shred said:

When did the P change from Practical?   I missed that.

I'm just being sarcastic ... When I read that "Firearm" was now being used throughout the book (instead of handgun/rifle/long gun/etc)  I blacked out ...  😶

I an ashamed I haven't gotten over this yet ...

14 hours ago, rustychev said:

Yep.  Looks like I can drop and offset my single stack holster.  I'm happy with that.

I just happened to be looking at the rule book for something, and noticed this. Came here to see if it's been discussed. Looks like I will be moving my holster down a little now.

A quick question on 6.2.5.1

Say, a bonafide PCC guy declares "Limited" (a "handgun Division") and then clearly fails to satisfy requirements for the division. Rule 6.2.5.1 states that he will be placed into "Open Division if available" (which almost always is). So, does the PCC guy get to shoot for score in Open division (while the PCC course and shooting rules are still in effect since those are based on "handgun vs. PCC," not on the Division that is used for scoring)?

In the old rules, moving shooters to Open was a punitive action - a Production shooter wouldn't be placed in Limited if he reloaded from the front pocket or had an extra round in the magazine. The new rules seem to allow a PCC guy to game it and choose whether to shoot against Open shooters...

Edited by IVC

16 minutes ago, IVC said:

A quick question on 6.2.5.1

Say, a bonafide PCC guy declares "Limited" (a "handgun Division") and then clearly fails to satisfy requirements for the division. Rule 6.2.5.1 states that he will be placed into "Open Division if available" (which almost always is). So, does the PCC guy get to shoot for score in Open division (while the PCC course and shooting rules are still in effect since those are based on "handgun vs. PCC," not on the Division that is used for scoring)?

In the old rules, moving shooters to Open was a punitive action - a Production shooter wouldn't be placed in Limited if he reloaded from the front pocket or had an extra round in the magazine. The new rules seem to allow a PCC guy to game it and choose whether to shoot against Open shooters...

Considering he could never start a loaded and holstered stage, I think you're reading too much into this. 

So what new rules are you all finding most interesting? I haven't read everything yet. I like the new definition of facing downrange; makes that easier for ROs to enforce. And looks like no more default start position, I like that too.

5 hours ago, RJH said:

I do wish they would have an option for a paper copy

Wonder how much it would cost to make our own books? Anybody with a printer can roll their own 8.5*11 in a 3 ring binder but it might not be too terrible to have a professional outfit make something more range bag friendly, particularly if there were 50 or more people interested.   

Edited by IHAVEGAS