Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grip for Sweaty Hands

JohnS23

With so many different aftermarket grips available and with all sorts of products that prevent slipping, sweaty hands should be no problem. Find combination of grip/product that prevents slipping and you'll be able to diagnose your own problem. 

1 hour ago, bimmer1980 said:

Ive found some pretty nice chalk balls. I use them even without sweaty Hands. My CZ Shadow keeps almost clean, but the grip you get is amazing.   

+ 1

weight lifting chalk is awesome! If i'm hot and sweaty i will put on pro grip before dipping my hands in the chalk bag.

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely try both a liquid chalk (progrip or liquid grip) and standard climbing chalk.  

I shoot in Florida as well, it's an absolute necessity.  

I find that liquid grip can be almost too "sticky" making it more complicated to do certain gun manipulations.  Chalk, I find, has no stick and is just dry and frictiony.  It's all personal preference at that point though.  Downside with chalk is that it's extremely messy.  

Try both, you will see that it makes a huge difference at matches.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Oh well, may as well respond to this.

Just got a steel grip for my 2011, with the

aggressive grip.

I perspire so much I was thinking of wearing a golf glove,

but this aggressive steel grip is fantastic - I can sweat all

I want (or don't want), and my hand does not move at all

with the new steel grip.

Highly recommend it.    :) 

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I picked up two rolls of skateboard grip tape from the local skate shop, cut my own panels out and called it a day. Most shops have 2-3 textures and they are super cheap. I paid less than $5 per piece and I have a ton left over on each. 

I'll also run some ProGrip to keep the hands dry. 

• 3 weeks later...

I use Liquid Grip. Seems to stay on my hands and not everything I touch like pro grip did when I tried it. 

Also experiment with how you apply it. 
Recently I’ve started using a very small amount on my strong hand palm, and more on the strong hand posterior knuckles and support hand. This lets me make adjustments to grip on the draw a little easier, but really works to lock in the skin on skin part of the grip that can suffer with sweaty hands. 

hope that makes sense...