Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Suggestions for CO legal extensions for original CZ mags

Friction

A bunch of the extensions I can find online (TTI, Henning) reference only being usable with Mec-Gar mags or the Gen-2 (Shadow 2) mags.

I have way to many original CZ mags as it stands to justify buying the Mec-Gar mags unless that is my only option.

Any suggestions? 

Thanks for the info,

I just tried to source those parts and with the CZC extension and the Gram Spring/follower I wind up at almost $60 per set after shipping.   The Mec-Gar kit with those things and a 17rnd mag is $67 at the BSPS.  As much as I don't want to get more mags, at an extra $7 it seems to make sense.

10 hours ago, bofe954 said:

I see $84 for the mag and kit.

The Henning kit is $84, the TTI kit is $68.  Both have the Grams spring and follower.

The descriptions on the site are confusing but my understanding is that they both result in 23 round in the mag, 22 reloadable.

38 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

I have the henning and that's my experience,  23 to start and 22 reload 

Have you seen any differences in loading difficulty/reliability based on the brass being used?  

Are you using typical range pickup resized in a press or something fancy like matched head stamps or roll sized brass?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2019 at 12:00 PM, Red_Dot said:

Just be sure you’re NOT using a +4 extension for a MG17 on a CZ 18rnd magazine. It will be longer than the 141mm gauge.

No kidding,  the 17 round mags probably wouldn't make the gauge if I wrote my name on the bottom with a fat sharpie..

I went with the Mecgar kits from the BSPS and am very happy with them so far.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to follow up.  I just shot a match with the MecGar mag kits from the BSPS. (TTI Extensions, GramSpring and follower) and they were flawless with 23rnds of Zero147 JHP loaded to an OAL of 1.125.  Thats about .040 longer than I would typically load my CZ ammo but I had a bunch leftover from a different batch of ammo so I gave it a shot and it worked fine.  None of the mags required any tuning/tweaking.