Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Frankford Arsenal Vibra Prime Mod

I'm not going to lie, I hated the vibra prime until a shooting buddy told me how to use it. Now I use it every time I load ammo and think it does a pretty good job. I'll be doing that mod to make it even better. Thanks for taking the time. 

UUeuNG4.mp4

Edited by GringoBandito

You don't need to use the primer tube that comes with the vibra prime if you don't want to.

Pull the yellow pickup end of a Dillon primer tube and just stick it into the vibra prime at the appropriate place. A little jiggle might be necessary but you can feel it slip into position.

Then just hold it there and operate the vibra prime.

When the tube is filled push the yellow pickup end back on.

I do it this way as I like to load up five or six primer tubes before I do a reloading run.

Transfer from the vibra prime tube to a Dillon tube is a pain in the ass.

If that isn't your technique then maybe this doesn't help much.

20 hours ago, mayassa said:

I used to use the plastic tube that come with it they always slid into my dillon tubes no problem ever.

The plastic tube that came with mine was very stiff. Hard to mate the two tubes together.

More than once I fumbled it and ended up with primers all over the floor.

Then I saw a reference someplace (probably here on benos) to just sticking the Dillon tube in the handle.

Worked like a charm. 

Well, I just loaded 800 primers in tubes.  I put the tape over the plastic lip like the video, but still had tilted primers.  I then noticed, for the first time, that the plastic lip angled up and resulted in a gap.  I then used a lighter and softened the plastic and bent it a little.  The way i've got it fit now it works like a dream!  

Also, thanks for the tip on not needing to use the plastic tube that came with the vibra prime.  

I hold mine so that the tray is on the top side with the tube slightly below horizontal (basically sideways) and have never had a problem. I threw the plastic transfer tube away and dump the primers into the press directly.

I drilled a small hole in the plastic tip directly on top of where the primers slip into the tube.  I keep a wooden toothpick handy so if a primer ever gets stuck sideways I can gently

tweak it back into position to clear the jam.  I wouldn't want to use anything metal.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...