Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC Stripped Upper Receiver Suggestions?

I’m building another PCC upper and have liked my previous TACCOM receivers... and the price is right.  It never hurts to ask for alternate suggestions though.  My only criteria is I’m looking for a slick side, but being a lefty I wouldn’t mind a brass deflector if it was in the correct spot for a PCC.  Brass in my face has never been a problem, though, so that’s a low priority.  Pretty angles are fine, but no skeleton cuts for me. I thought this one from AR-Stoner looked promising but it says no back orders:  https://www.midwayusa.com/product/197087/ar-stoner-enhanced-billet-upper-receiver-stripped-ar-15-9mm-luger-45-acp-aluminum-matte. Thanks, J

Edited by jkrispies
1 minute ago, MoRivera said:

For the same amount, you can get both a slick-slide billet upper and a hand guard, on sale and in stock.... 

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1020734435/ar-stoner-billet-upper-receiver-stripped-with-m-lok-handguard-ar-15-aluminum-black

How much is that showing up in 15" for you?  I have B-day pricing available and it is $99 for me.

15 hours ago, HoMiE said:

DTF industries makes a slick slide upper and they are 35% off with discount code BOOM2019 right now. 

Well, this stinks.  I just tried to put one on my card before the sale ended, and I got an error that sounds like a system error.  I took a screenshot and sent them an email. 

53 minutes ago, Acer2428 said:

FWIW I bought an MPX comp from them and the threading was so bad the barrel nut wouldn't begin to thread and the comp had raised material on the back. They did eventually issue me a refund, but caveat emptor. 

Thanks for the headsup.  Turns out tHey are a semi local company to me so if there’s an issue I will be on it. 

Edited by jkrispies